Rear Rack for Vespa Rally 200

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArmandTanzarian

As much as I hate the hideous things, they are pretty much essential when touring.

What's the best (and least ugly) rack that will go on a Rally 200?

I tried one of these

But they aren't up to much.

I want something that uses the petrol tank bolts and the number plate screws to mount as the captive nut for the seat post is on its last legs.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
mickymidas
Main scooter: Vespa Rally /P200

If you look in last but one scootering (april?), there was a geezer with a mod GS I think with a decent looking rear rack with a arched top . I had a look about and found two of the same sort, ( think The scooter republic, s/wales) . One with the petrol tank/ num plate fitting, and one with just tank bolt /seat lock fitting . not cheap but looked better than the usual square ish type .
2Ronnies sc.......Chuckleism is the way forward
steeleyscoot

I think Scootopia in Weston-Super-Mare make/sell the Madrid rear rack for the Rally, not sure but worth a call to Lee there....
ArmandTanzarian

Just paid £50 for one of these

Total waste of money. Its advertised as fitting a Rally without drilling any additional holes. Utter BS. I'll give them the benfit of the doubt and say that maybe it could theoretically fit another type of old large frame but it'll never go on a Rally without major surgery. It'll be going back as soon as.

I don't suppose anyone has anything second hand laying about? I begrudge spending a load of money on something I hate the look of but need to carry luggage on the few times a year I go away.
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

The Madrid always look the best on a pre-P series to my eye. No real info as to whether it'll go on the Rally but might be worth a call?

http://www.allstyles-scooters.com/acata ... h_bar.html

I'm with you on the look of racks - just don't like them. I use a Madrid with the lower legs cut off and done thousands of k's carrying camping gear etc. My seat post is just adequate but it's only used for locating rather than taking any weight at all - the tank bolts do the holding. Tiny bit bouncy like that but I can have it off in 2 minutes when I get home.
ArmandTanzarian

ArmandTanzarian wrote:Just paid £50 for one of these

Total waste of money. Its advertised as fitting a Rally without drilling any additional holes. Utter BS. I'll give them the benfit of the doubt and say that maybe it could theoretically fit another type of old large frame but it'll never go on a Rally without major surgery. It'll be going back as soon as.

I don't suppose anyone has anything second hand laying about? I begrudge spending a load of money on something I hate the look of but need to carry luggage on the few times a year I go away.

Apologies to Scooter Republic. After a night's sleep, a couple of hours work with a file to adjust the holes, some rubber washers to adjust how it sits and an improvised seat post, it fits.

The rear of my Rally has been repaired and so it's entirely possible that the holes aren't quite where they're supposed to be.

(I still think it's hideous but that's luggage racks for you. Apart from a Sprint rack I've never seen one that looks good.) ;)
Muttley McLadd

What about using a cargo net around the leggies?

Keeps the weight inbetween the wheels, rather than behind the back one. Thus:

CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information