QUATTRINI M1XL

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MattsDad

cartmel808 wrote:
MattsDad wrote:You don't get 24 out of the box I'm afraid, probably 16ish"
Well that's what those Germans @ SIP are claiming! :lol: :lol:

Spoke to Chiselspeed yesterday about the build - and they' were real helpful, seem to know quite a bit about this kit & suitable spec's, set-up's, ect - so seems like they'll be the best option for the build.

Cheers All...
Ha ha, small world.
I was there when you rang, so it was you!
COCKSPEED TUNING
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Well... picked up me freshly built M1XL motor yesterday afternoon..... :D

.... I Decided to go with Scooterotica Garage in Ripon for the build.... Dan only recently built a Polini 221 for me & I was very impressed with their service & set-up - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, and I don't think I would now go anywhere else...

Sean Brady did the build on the Quattrini & has done a first class job, with a very fast turn around (only two & a half weeks from drop-off to collection)....

Build Spec is;

• PX125e Donor Engine - Casings welded to accommodate re-porting of transfers to match kit - electric starter removed & hole blanked-off
• Quattrini M1XL Cylinder Kit - Inlet Manifold re-angled to prevent carb fouling on engine - and ported/flowed internally
• Mazzucchelli 57mm Full circle Crank
• Dellorto PHBH 30mm Carburettor - jetted to suit kit/pipe (ballpark till I get it dyno'd)
• Tassanari VForce 3 Reed Valve Kit - substituted the reed block supplied with Quattrini kit for a VForce 3 item
• Vespatrionic Ignition Kit
• DRT 65t Primary Gear
• SIP Cosa 2 ‘Sport’ 22t Clutch
• SIP ‘JL Curly’ S/S Expansion Exhaust
• All Bearings/Seals/Gaskets Replaced

GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Great looking engine, what frame is it going in & would you mind showing the exhaust side.
cartmel808

GLscoot wrote:Great looking engine, what frame is it going in & would you mind showing the exhaust side.
It's going into another Motovespa 150s frame that I have - which is away getting painted at the minute, so hoping to get it back in the next week or so...

Could be a little while yet before I get it fired up & running in this frame though - and it won't fit into any of my other frames with that curly pipe on... :(

1896877_626457404068294_392327775_n by Scooterotica Scooter Garage, on Flickr
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Do you have to modify, the battery side panel for the pipe to fit. I know if I was going down that road I would need to cut the bottom of the GS150 panel, but that doesn't bother me as they are remade panels. I was more concerned with the height of the pipe. They are fcking expensive exhausts, so don't really want to waste the money and it doesn't fit. Im a sucker for things that are over engineered, I would like to fit a rear disc brake for that reason, but feedback on them put me of. Are you fitting a front disc brake?
cartmel808

No modifications were needed to the side panel for the pipe to fit - the panels on the Spanish 150s are very similar to (if not the same as) a GS160 - so more room under there than most other models I would have thought.

I've had to to cut-off the the battery tray/spare wheel carrier from that side though, in order to accommodate the pipe - but this isn't really an issue for me, as it's a non-battery model anyway - plus I'm fitting SIP tubeless rims, and will only be using it for short runs & hooning around on - so not to bothered about lack of a spare.... (famous last words!) :)

I was originally planning on putting this motor it into my Sprint Veloce frame - but this has a sealed left hand panel with glove box (similar to your GS150), so I would've had to butcher the panel to accommodate - or go with a different pipe.
Once I get it bolted into the frame, I'll measure where the top of the pipe comes to on the side of my frame & PM you the measurements - that way you can see if it's a viable option with the GS side panel.

I am planning on fitting a hydraulic front disc brake set-up - I bought a Harry Barlow fork conversion off eBay last year, so gonna use that - but need to research which disc brake kit will be best to go with..
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

cartmel808 wrote:Well... picked up me freshly built M1XL motor yesterday afternoon..... :D

... I Decided to go with Scooterotica Garage in Ripon for the build.... Dan only recently built a Polini 221 for me & I was very impressed with their service & set-up - I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone, and I don't think I would now go anywhere else...

Sean Brady did the build on the Quattrini & has done a first class job, with a very fast turn around (only two & a half weeks from drop-off to collection)....

Really appreciate the positive feedback.

Glad you are pleased, it always makes a job worth doing when you get feedback like that.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
gadgetman

Looks good just a couple of questions have you sorted an air filter for it? And secondly what are you doing to overcome the inherent cooling issues caused by poor air circulation?
cartmel808

I've not got as far as looking at air filter options yet - & TBH, I'm still undecided as to whether I'll fit one at all...

And as for any cooling issues - I'm still a way-off getting the motor into the frame & up 'n' running, 'cos the frame it's destined for is still at the painters - and then it'll all be to build-up - so this motor's just art for me garage at the minute :lol: ..... but - what are the 'inherent cooling issues' associated with this kit - no-one's ever mentioned this before?? :shock: ....
goldeneye

if I were you , I"d fit either a foam filter, or some kind of bellows to the carb, the proximity of big carbs on large frame vespas puts them right in the firing line for any s**t hoyed up by the back wheel. frame to carb bellows on mine, but as yours faces rearwards, a foam , or even a fine gauze would be my choice. a lot of money to go up the shitter by a stone or piece of shite getting whacked in by the back wheel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information