another scootrs question!!!!!!

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
maskie66
Main scooter: 66 li150 golden special

right scootrs have mailed me saying i dont need dampers with anti dive disc kit?? is anyone running same setup and are you happy without the dampers?? i do have mb prog springs fitted too? any advice gratefully accepted(as always)

tia

will
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

No u dont my dampers r now rusted in same postion

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

an anti dive set up means you dont get the front end diving under braking but the front suspension still works exactly the same under non braking conditions . Dampers help absort shocks from bumps, potholes etc , damping will depend on the type of dampers you fit and whether they are adjustable and how hard you set them.
Last edited by fairspares on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
soulsurfer

You don't need them as far as dive on braking is concerned; however I prefer to use dampers to smooth out the bumps in the road, otherwise it can get a bit bouncy.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
coaster

The reason for dampers in any vehicle suspension is to aid the spring in keeping the tyre in contact with the road. Without a damper the wheel can bounce too far and not be able to return to the normal position in time for the next bump...that's why they are called 'dampers'. In normal riding, you might not miss them but on bumpy corners you very soon would :o
maskie66
Main scooter: 66 li150 golden special

thanks all for replys... keep dampers it is then.. now just to weld the bracket to forks!! happy new uear to all
scooter_italiano
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I do run an anti-dive ScootRS outboard disc brake kit with dampers fitted to my DL150 (drum links with welded bracket to fork and bolt on lower damper support brackets) but (after years to be honest) I've found the weld on bracket (originally welded on by Innocenti!) fixing the legshield to the frame broken.

do you think that my welded on GP Frame/Legshield Bracket has broken because of dampers or what?
soulsurfer

scooter_italiano wrote:I do run an anti-dive ScootRS outboard disc brake kit with dampers fitted to my DL150 (drum links with welded bracket to fork and bolt on lower damper support brackets) but (after years to be honest) I've found the weld on bracket (originally welded on by Innocenti!) fixing the legshield to the frame broken.

do you think that my welded on GP Frame/Legshield Bracket has broken because of dampers or what?
Or what ;)

I don't think this is related at all :-?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
shocky

Ive never seen a properly ;) welded top bracket break ive seen plent that have bent slightly upwards and some bent top fixings and a few sheared or bent lower fixing studs
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
scooter_italiano
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

shocky wrote:Ive never seen a properly ;) welded top bracket break
that's the reason why I'm asking for. Running an anti-dive ScootRS disk brake and bolt on dampers (that's why this is related to the topic soulsurfer ;) ) I was wondering if the break had anything to do with front suspensions....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information