Mk1 '78 P210 Cutdown

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
T5-190

Richjak wrote:Well nice - a proper scooterboy machine, please tell us what tyre you have used on the rear as it looks very wide. Have you used a spacer kit on it ??

Just a thought, SIP now do a ally tubeless rim that is already wide and does'nt need a spacer ring. You can fit 110/120 or 130 wide tyres to it.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_81045000
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

see your top end is a kit. which one did you fit?
Size matters!
sp1v

Malossi, cheers for the nod on the SIP ally rim, didn't know that
T5-190

sp1v wrote:Malossi, cheers for the nod on the SIP ally rim, didn't know that

No worries matey, the rim matches the front one perfectly and the "off set " has already been taken car of. No more drilled out allen head bolts or wierd shaped wheel spacer either. The only thing you still need to do is cut 10mm off the engine mount.
sp1v

I've ordered one after watching how "easy" it is to fit a tyre, we'll see how easy it is in reality when it shows, cheers again
Richjak

Dont belive the hype i also watched the SIP and the ScootRS demo videos of how easy it is to fit tubless rims. I then went out and struggled for the next 25 minutes to get the first one of three scootRS rims on. Its a b@5t@rd of a job and you will need a good set of tyre irons and expect to scratch and chip those siney new rims...........i did. Funny but in the video the Asian kid does it in 45 seconds flat.
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
sp1v

Yeah agree with you there, German vid looks easy also but doubt be like that when I get round to doing it. Got rim - do look good might even take to a tyre place to have fitted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information