Big 'ed RB250

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I treat my internet time as my VDU operator's health and safety break from screen time... oops! :)
Last edited by Adam_Winstone on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamaddict

quote]

Has anyone actually checked scientifically if the slots make any difference to head temperature or is it just an assumption? RM[/quote]

It just seems like an assumption that the air will flow over the head and help keep it cooler. I've no doubt that they would work well without the slots, it's just a possible improvement.

I've heard those heads are good and I'd love to see a before with the normal head and after with the RM head heat image, even without the head cut.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Lamaddict wrote:quote]

Has anyone actually checked scientifically if the slots make any difference to head temperature or is it just an assumption? RM
It just seems like an assumption that the air will flow over the head and help keep it cooler. I've no doubt that they would work well without the slots, it's just a possible improvement.

I've heard those heads are good and I'd love to see a before with the normal head and after with the RM head heat image, even without the head cut.[/quote]

You could be the first?
GT Guy

What about running without the cowling?

Any thoughts on that?
OAP
Dealer

GT Guy wrote:What about running without the cowling?

Any thoughts on that?
Some down in the Portsmouth area are running without cowls!
OAP
Dealer

Heads with Slots Update!
I made another pattern a couple of weeks ago with slots in, unfortunately being sand cast it did not work as the angles were not right for removal from the sand! So this batch are going to be as before, I can do it but it will take a bit of time which I do not have at the minute.
I will see if I can get a few machined but I am concerned about the cost.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information