malossi 210 and phbh 28 set up

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MCH
Main scooter: street racer px

quarter to half and near full with a 125 main in,

i will try retarding the stator as far as it will go, i was trying to get it running good enough to take it to someone i know to have it strobed
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

A Dyno would probably identify the problem, or certainly point you in the right direction. The cost of a basic Dyno is quite cheap if it helps identify the problem.....that's what found my poorly seating choke.
MCH

the idea was to get it running as best as possible to the get it dynoed,

the closest dyno centre for scooters is scooterotica in ripon, idea was to get it running and then book it in for a dyno
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

225worb wrote:you don't line up any marks !!! if you've got another 5mm of adjustment then its wayyyyy oooot, you should turn the stator clockwise fully BUT its wise to strobe it and adjust/elongate the slots accordingly, A mate had to do the same on his, adjusting the stator wasn't giving the correct 18 degree when he strobed, filing the slots sorted it !!
Just one thing to add about 2 stroke timing that is sometimes overlooked. Timing that is way too far advanced causes pre-detonation followed by a heat seize. Timing that is way too far retarded causes incomplete combustion (and poor performance!) and will still heat seize. Just saying, you need to get it right. With a performance scooter there are not so many "safe" options.
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Yes..of course it needs to be right that's why having it strobed ensures its correct... along with correct jetting etc.blah blah
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

Just got my sausage speed tuned malossi 210 back after its had new rings and MB BGM box pipe fitted

its running a phbh 28 ml delorto with the following set up

main jet 130
pilot jet 50
atomiser AV266
needle x7 (on top notch)
45 slide
air screw 1/2 out

just come back after 30 mile run as I want to make sure the rings are bedded in before it is put on the dyno next Saturday.

It pulls really well 1st 2nd 3rd revs to about 7.5k revs

Engine temp max was 252 f

Has t5 fourth but with the wind I suffered the usual reduction in speed with the slightest hill or wind.

Don't know if ive done enough miles to notice the difference of the new pipe as it had a sip road race on before.

Does any one think the above carb set is spot on???

Went up to GPS 63.5 and it sat easlily at 60 gps on A52

Still feels slow top end ??

Value any thoughts

Cheers

phil
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Yes does seem slow , but a lot to consider, first off on a vespa speedo that would show 70mph!
Lots of other variables too like timing , squish , port timings etc , not too sure on carb settings but a good dyno operator will see to them.
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

Sip digital speedo showed 67 which needs adjustment . Garmin gps showed true speed.
Prior to rebuild it was dynod at diablo moto at 18 bhp with a jl rh pipe .
Ran far better with sip pipe smoother through the gears.
Third gear is good pulls well

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

My old 210 was dyno'ed at Al's too and was the same , but with the bgm pipe i'm surprised it still doesn't like hills or headwinds.
I'm running one and it transformed my then standard p2, just rebuilt with polini 210 kit etc , and early indications are really good, and pulls standard gearing with ease.
I suspect the same old malossi 210 revvy nature of the beast, get right conditions and it flys , but dies a death anything other than a whisper of a wind lol!
MCH

iv got timing strobe to sort out my timing on mine this weekend, see if that cures it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information