Cyclone 5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I thought all of batch 2 had been recalled?
RAP 200

Not all of them as far as i am aware, the one i have has been faultless , its the upgraded on that has failed .
mikeallen
Xbox live gamer tag: junkyevenflow69

This isn't making good reading as I've just finished installing my cyclone box into my motor and I'm now concerned about its reliability :(

I believe mine is the version 2 after the recall ( is there any way of checking this that the cluster is the newer version :?: ) but it seems these are now prone to failure going by the original post and as mentioned earlier are being upgraded with a 3rd verion :?

In two minds now whether to go with it or strip it back down and revert back to my reliable innocenti 4 speed box as intended, as the thought of it sheering teeth or locking up at speed is not filling me with any confidence in it :(
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I'll gladly give u £200 for it for my spare rb engine :-)))
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

how can you tell if its version 2 or 3 ff sakes.i just bought mine 3 weeks ago off Martin . :?:
thesx200

Look at the serial numbers on the cluster , it should tell you on there , i contacted Dean to confirm mine was from the correct version.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Have a look at the Cyclone link in What's going on in the Scootererotica Garage, there is a pic of the cluster numbers
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

408 G13 5S Is mine?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

That looks to be the same as the one on the thread mentioned.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
soullad
Dealer

RAP 200 wrote:Not all of them as far as i am aware, the one i have has been faultless , its the upgraded on that has failed .
are you saying this was a batch 3 cluster that failed ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information