Cyclone 5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ssteam177
Main scooter: vba malossi 221, api series2

Don't get me wrong the cyclone did every thing it said on the box in the performance department and too will find it hard going back to the 4speed whilst the problem with mine is being resolved
I just didn't expect it to break after such a small amount of km with all the time spent insuring that I had it set up correctly with all the appropriate parts etc which is the most frustrating part especially when your located on the other side of the world and in the 1st week of summer
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU BUY
IT'S WHAT YOU BUILD!!!!
joespeed

what clutch are you using?
ssteam177
Main scooter: vba malossi 221, api series2

I'm using an lth 7 plate 18/47 primary's
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU BUY
IT'S WHAT YOU BUILD!!!!
RAP 200

I have been in contact with Dean and everything will be sorted by the end of January ,there is a new and even stronger cluster being made so we will see how that one works, its just to hard to go back to a 4 speed after a 5 speed , its probably the best thing I have purchased for a lambretta , cheers Daz.
Russell
Main scooter: 1966 Lambretta SX200

I might wait until end of Jan to buy one then!
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I'm using on of the 3rd batch in mine. No problems and great bit of kit.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

My mate had one of these boxes lock up solid in London on a ride out and we were all just poodling along in the traffic doing no more than 30mph. We believe his inlet rubber must have split when we were stopped at a set of traffic lights and in a blind panic (not being able to find his keys) he shunted the bike into first gear so the engine would not blow up, but it seized the gearbox solid and the kickstart would not push downwards thereafter (game over !!) I would personally stick to 4 gears ......unless perhaps you can get an old 5 speed Royspeed box,,,,
philtrate
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA GP RB225

soosh wrote:I'm using on of the 3rd batch in mine. No problems and great bit of kit.
I to have the 3rd batch box from Martin Robinson great peice of kit, really big grin on my face in 5th on a dual carriageway 8-)
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

I just bought one from Martin,aw well,will send it off to dan in ripon to build me a cyclone 5 with avanti, cheers
dave wheeler

there are clearly concerns,if the new cluster is even stronger are we with batch 2 clusters getting the upgrade? The concept is unquestioned, it transforms even standard motors, but all of this is for nothing if it isnt reliable.btw Strummer, royspeed box`s are a/ made of cheese and b/the worst ratio selection imaginable, that is the most frustrating thing about the cyclone, its sooo good
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information