Brake Pedal Splash Plate

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
PeteB
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 2 Li 150

The clamp-on splash plate for my Series 2 brake pedal has disappeared at the platers (more likely dissolved :lol: ). I can't find replacement ones advertised anywhere, nor the U-shaped clamp, so does anyone know who sells 'em, or even what the dimensions of the plate are so I can knock one up myself (should only take a few mins of shedcraft). Many thanks! :)
jazzyb

Scooter restorations 8-)
PeteB

Cheers! Couldn't find it on their website, so will give them a call :)
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

I should have one, will need to check. Can't imagine it would be more than a couple of pounds to ship across the pond.

Free, I'll never use it (haven't in the last 20 years and no reason to start now), just cover shipping.
PeteB

Many thanks Grumpy. If you find it, please PM me. I think it odd that everyone sells remade stand splashplates, but not the clamp-on brake pedal ones. No demand=no supply I guess! :)
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

I have never seen a clamp on one. Mine was missing when I bought it with no sign of ever having one fitted. I would buy one if available as a lot of S**** comes up through the hole.
PeteB

I have seen original-looking Series 1s and some S2s that don't have 'em Monty. Not being an anorak, it would worry me if it wasn't fitted, but I as you say they obviously started fitting the things for a reason :)
gaz_powell

My S2 pedal had the plate missing (could see where it should have been by some weld marks - I just made one out of a piece of 1mm plate and tacked it on - made it the same size as a S3 one and its perfect but obviously its not original just functional

70mmx30mm and I just ran a grinder down the middle to form the slot
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information