Dellorto 24phbl

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

Hi all! Quick fire question,been given a 24mil phbl,will this carb work well on my malossi 210 c/w jl right hander.Ta
Bifter
Main scooter: vespa p210

What you got on at the moment ? its not any bigger than the standard carb so personally i wouldn't bother .A 28mm is an upgrade the one you have is just a change
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

If you know how to set up a needle carb well, then it will go a bit better than the SI carb. You are going to need to change everything in the PHBL (needle, atomiser, main jet, pilot jet) and at least a few of each to test with. If you own your own shop then great plan :lol:
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

Yes it's a standard 24 in there at the moment,I thought it might be a bit more responsive with this carb on,maybe not worth the aggro
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

The one thing that will tell you if you really need a bigger carb is the size of the main jet in your SI24/24. If you run anything less than a 140 main jet, then the 24mm carb is doing ok. Its not the exhaust either, as the JL right hand is the best all rounder there is.
Often lack of zippy response is down to one of the following; jetting too rich, squish too big or timing too far retarded (IT mark is ok for yours).
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information