Scootertechniques enduro racer - Take 2

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
soullad
Dealer

I´ve posted this on another well known site but thought that you all might want to see it....

Here it is in Lleida, we have a test track day tomorrow then its off to Calafat on Saturday for the 6hrs enduro with 50 teams takin part!!

Must thank all the guys at MB, esp for the Schwalbe Pacemans, Pete at ScootersRock, Martin (justlambretta) and the rest of the dvd sponsors.
Last yr we finished 2nd in the Lambretta class, so who knows............ ;) ;)

davidblythe

Its looking good

Have you whipped Jamie into shape as well,
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Come on!!!!!! this year 1º position!
hummmm i like more the indian big bore exhaust look ;)
shocky

twin seats look a bit small :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

shocky wrote:twin seats look a bit small :lol:
very good :lol:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

This looks very cool 8-)

Please supply us with pics and you tube footage! :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
cezeta

shocky wrote:twin seats look a bit small :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
soullad
Dealer

Just back.....what can i say - what an experience. I took as many pics as possible n will post up asap. The sound of two strokes is still ringing in my ears !!!!!
Supereibar

Since Ian hasn't said much, I will... Then Ian, you go on and explain what I am missing.
First. Team picture. From left to right. Ian (Soullad) Carlos (Motocorsa) Frankie (not Knuckles) Johnny Corvette (or Johnny Dick), Juan Carlos (suporter) and me, Supereibar on bottom.

Woo... What an eventful event. And I know this sounds renundant. I don't have the total pictures of it yet, so this is an advance. Many difficulties to start. The racer arrived with a newly instaled pristine fresco pipe and u bend Wednesday. Aparently for the local pilots it was too low to use for cornering, so when the scooter was tested on corners, the belly of the Fresco pipe would touch the ground. We took it off, then all we could do was to place the pipe in upward position, held by a small metal piece in order to create clearance for cornering.
The day of the race arrived yesterday. During the tryouts Frankie fell down, he hurted himself so he couldn't keep on racing. The fast flow tap was damaged but it was possible to fix it, a brand new Snetterton seat was caught as well. Surprisingly the rubber manifold didn't suffer at all, so all the carb needed was a good clean. The hour of the le mans start arrived. Exciting. Frankie could just barely walk so he held Carlos the scooter while he was across the track. Carlos is an experienced Laverda Pilot, and he knew the track. 3200m long track. Off he went. The first half hour we where in 19th position and going up. He was careful on the corners cause of the U bend, but still he was very fast. Johnny went after Carlos and kept up the good number. Ian went in for battle and problems arrived (again) an exhaust stud had fallen off. Holly hell! Where is an 11 mil stud when you need it. I traded another bloke a 11 mil bolt off a rear hub extractor and Ian placed it. From that point on the racer never stoped. The sound, oh what beautiful sound it made, the idle! I can still hear that idle. Frankie couldn't race so the race was finished by Carlos, Johnny and Ian. Final position 34 / 50 at a total of 120 laps, 27 laps from the first one. It was very sattisfactory see the engine last 6h again, even if we lost a good 50-60 minutes between fill ups and the problem with the stud.
I dropped Ian at the airport this morning with somewhat of a sour taste. Hoped things would have worked better as we deserved it. Ian had to work very hard to get the scooter going after we where drastically abandoned without prior nottice from Mr. Barlow. In a matter of a weekend he searched for a way that we could have a bit of a faster scooter that would take a bigger track like this one (The track last year was 1400m long, this years track was 3200m)
All I wish is to come back and see another one of my Lambrettas race again. It was quite an experience to follow all the race from the boxes. Don't know if it will happen again but surely I will be back with a team supporter (as it is the only thing I do well)

Thanks to Sausage for his countless help. Thanks a lot to Ian hepworth for all his help, thanks to Stevo42 for his offering of a race seat, thanks to MB developments for their help. Thanks to the boys of the team, Frankie, Johnny, Carlos and Ian who came all the way from Eng err land to race the beast.

P.S: Ian, please fill up the blanks as I left many things to say.
shocky

wow jamie sounds like a real trial for you all but thats racing isnt it ...... anyway great write up and put some more pics up cheers steve (42) :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information