Series 2 exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Allein
Main scooter: API 150

Expansion chamber for series 2.

I was running a big old Kegra but had to cut half a footboard away to fit it.

During a recent rebuild I wanted full floorboards, I tried a clubman but wasn't happy with the performance.

I found an oldish NK on ebay which had already been chopped about and I now have it fitted and exiting below the kickstart, it runs great and I like the sound but the ground clearance is lacking.

I'm running a indian stage 4 barrel and a 30mm Dellorto, any recommendations for an exhaust that would fit without cutting the floorboards ?

I've been looking at the new MB Clubman, but it might be a bit tame for my liking and I'm intending to kit the engine at the end of the year.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

I`m building a TS1 with a MB Clubman because although you loose a little top end they are very usable.

I tried a Ts1, MB Clubman and a 30 phbh and that rode realy well, so I have a LTH manifold, tmx 30, MB clubman ready on my shelf.

No need to cut anything and a nice fit.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I run a JL3 snail, and as it tucks back inside you dont have to cut the rear of the boards.

However you do have to cut the inside of the board to stop if fouling on the exhaust mounts... but that cut isnt visible beyond the panels :D

Nice good spread of power from the pipe....

Have you looked at Andy Francis website... he does a Franspeed specifically to fit an S2....
Allein

I did try a Clubman but found it well down on power, it wouldn't pull through top gear. It may have needed further down jetting but I'm looking for something with a bit more performance.

I note MB are doing a high performance Clubman style exhaust, but I don't know anyone running one as yet.

I'm intending kitting it over this winter and like a revvy 2 stroke, the snail exhausts might be the answer.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Search MB big bore clubman on this site. Not heard anyone say anything negative about it apart from maybe the quality...
Allein

I was checking out a few reviews earlier and MB stuff is usually good, he's been working on that pipe for a good while.

I've run a few expansion chambers on it over the years, I like something a bit on the loud side but I want the full footboards these days.

I've modified the NK I'm running to run along the bottom of the chain casing, it runs well and only cost me £50 but the ground clearance is a problem and it doesn't look quite right.

I like a tail pipe sticking out as I'm not into the standard look, but the MB setup does look appealing as I bet it wont need the brackets re-welding all the time or leave me not being able to hear for a good hour after riding :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information