Honda 205 Squish

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lam-d
Main scooter: 71 Gp200e

Lads i am setting up an old Mb honda 205 and to get the squish down to just below 1.5 i have had to fit a 1.0mm base gasket and a .05mm head gasket ...now have i went in the right direction or do i need to change the way i have set this up....Cheers Bill
YAMLAM

why not email MB Dev, and ask them ,
win or lose have a booze
Lam-d

I did and have not received an answer yet so i thought to myself "hey why not put a post up on scooterotica i might just get a answer to my query there "............
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Hi,
If your happy with the squish you now have 1.5mm to play with.
General rule of thumb is the more you pack up the barrell the higher up the rev range peak power with be produced and vice versa.
So working to extremes: 1.5 thick BASE gasket & no head gasket = most revvy set up.
1.5 thick HEAD gasket & no base gasket = most grunty set up.

SF
Lam-d

Spanish Fly wrote:Hi,
If your happy with the squish you now have 1.5mm to play with.
General rule of thumb is the more you pack up the barrell the higher up the rev range peak power with be produced and vice versa.
So working to extremes: 1.5 thick BASE gasket & no head gasket = most revvy set up.
1.5 thick HEAD gasket & no base gasket = most grunty set up.

SF
I like your thinking bud i would prefare the no base and 1.5 head gasket for the grunt as i no longer drive faster than i can think lol as this would not interfere with the port timing ... i am still waiting on a reply from the dealer who built the kit as to "was it an over the counter kit or built for a customer's engine" to see what setup they recommend ....Thanks for the reply bud i appreciate it
cezeta

i dont think mbd can answer your question with a simple answer, i think you will find that you will get a message coded in port timings and blow downs.

personaly all i do is make sure the ports are clear of the piston at bdc and if not pack up untill they are then do the squish from there. not very scientific but it seems to work :?
Lam-d

cezeta wrote:i dont think mbd can answer your question with a simple answer, i think you will find that you will get a message coded in port timings and blow downs.

personaly all i do is make sure the ports are clear of the piston at bdc and if not pack up untill they are then do the squish from there. not very scientific but it seems to work :?
:D
shocky

get the head recessed and use no gaskets !
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information