advice needed please on the right top end

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lambro63
Main scooter: series 2 TS1

what ideas have you guys got concerning this facts
1/ series 2 frame
2/ 22 stone rider solo...(its like being two up every were)
3/ dont want to loose to much power against a head wind or slight climb like whats happening with standard 225 ts1
4/ not a speed freak, but would like the pulling power & be able to sit all day around 70-75
thankyou for taking the time to read this strange request is their a top end for my needs out their & a dealer who supplies this requirement
regards big over weight pete
regards
big pete lambro63 (spiderman)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

hi matey............
either find a 300cc /30 bhp torquey set up.............(impossible).........
or perhaps .......ease off the steroids and loose some weight............... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bsso78

Get one for the other foot you should be alright 8-)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Its OK mate....ignore these two jokers :lol: :lol: :lol: your quest, sounds like a job for an RB250......BSSO78 will testify to the torque they kick out. ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
lambro63

ok guys.... fun over !!!
lets have the sound advice you all want to share with me, so i have a nice set up that will pull me all day with little effort
thankyou pete
regards
sean brady scooters
Dealer

hi pete..........
what you really need matey at 22 stone is................probably the biggest cc motor possible,tuned for as much torque as poss............
please check out the "FOXHAT" GUYS on here...............(dan will put some links up im sure)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
drunkmunkey6969

Here you go mate....have a read of this and then come back with questions and comments....then we can work through some options for you.
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
lambro63

thankyou so much what a interesting article, the clutch is a must in ts1 & above, i myself have spent my last 30 years (gold watch award) working in high tech & precision engineering on a large industrial scale for the M.R.O
so i understand the effort these guys have gone to , so the can produce such high spec items
do we know of anyone on this forum who is running one of their units & what would the complete price be for a clutch system.... crown,spider,set of plates,springs etc..... all ready just to drop in
any other advice on the right set up for my needs would be welcome
regards bigpete
regards
drunkmunkey6969

lambro63 wrote:do we know of anyone on this forum who is running one of their units & what would the complete price be for a clutch system.... crown,spider,set of plates,springs etc..... all ready just to drop in
any other advice on the right set up for my needs would be welcome
regards bigpete
I run the clutch in my race scoot....its a group 6 TS1 225 and the clutch is a peach.

Foxhat spider is £150....so if you have a 5 plate clutch already, then all you need is an extra plate and a steel. If you buy everything from scratch....the you need a spider, crownwheel, 6 plates, 5 steels, 1 top steel and set of springs. Cost will be approx £250 (ish ??) Just phone or email the guys at FOXHAT, tell em Dan & Sean from Scooterotica sent you, and they will advise accordingly......and you can ask them about your engine requirements also....the RB250/260 may just be what you're looking for.

Let us all know how you get on

Dan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information