gt 186

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dutch

I've got the gt186 and very pleased with it apart from after about 2000 miles a ring peg came out and scored the barrel and embedded the ring peg in the head. I thought I would buy a new kit with the porcupine head and again pleased with it, but again, around 2000 miles, ring peg out and locked the engine. Luckily it was only ticking over and didn't do any damage so put another piston in and is ok now. I'm thinking of changing piston from the mitaka to a wiseco.
Has any one else had this problem?
soulsurfer

Have you spoken to Richard Taylor about this?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
dutch

i've messaged him but no response
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

I did write a reply to your PM but it does not seem to have been logged, must have pressed the preview instead of the send button. I will re-write and send again so you'll have PM in about 5 minutes.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

Is this something to worry about, i am putting a kit together right now and would like to know if there is a way to avoid?
Yanker

dutch wrote:ring peg out and locked the engine.
Which peg was it? (the lower one?)...just looking out for mime!
dutch

Yanker wrote:
dutch wrote:ring peg out and locked the engine.
Which peg was it? (the lower one?)...just looking out for mime!
it was the top one, think it might of been getting too hot, gonna change gearing so it doesn't rev so high.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

what was the gearing
dutch

slangen wrote:what was the gearing
15/46 with a gp 150 gearbox
dutch

update to previous, on rich taylors advise i change the gearing to 17/46 and it is much better at high speed ie not revving so high and so not getting so hot.

I have a garvin gps speedo and have had it at 67 mph and still not revving very high, i have just put a bgm clubman on as i think it will let it rev a bit more and should reach 70mph with ease and still not revving the nuts off it.

I know a lot of people will say they go faster but this is with a gps speedo not a lammy one so more accurate. 65mph is the speed i like to sit at on motorways so more than happy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information