PHBH float weight

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Didn't make the difference that I'd hoped it might ;)
Angry Bloke

Adam_Winstone wrote:Didn't make the difference that I'd hoped it might ;)
Did it make any difference at all :?: when I changed from a 6.5 to 9 I suffered a rich tick over and pick up :? That was on an RT kit

I'm also using a 6.5 on my Avanti but am still running in using Ron's carb settings - I will check with him and see what he suggests :D

Thanks Yanker for the French lesson , we spent most of our classes studying Miss Andersons glorious rack so I'm not surprised my recollection is poor :D

And I now always carry a spare float after having an issue , I bet the black ones Adam has were more solid :roll: ........ Another step forward eh :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Yanker

Correct needle for needle valve seat? Only recently learned recently that there are more permutations than simple 4 (larger and smaller) or 5 sided variants. Perhaps a NIB 300/350 needle valve assy?
Adam_Winstone

The float needles and needle jets are matched pairs. Because I've stuck to Dellortos, although I have used Amals too, I have a range of spares, including 200, 250, 300 and 350 float needle seats and correct needles, however, I didn't know that the newer white floats had a range of different weights to the previous black ones.

I spent some time this evening trying the range but couldn't quite work away the issue that I've got. Not to worry though, this'll keep me busy :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Adam
Yanker

Angry Bloke wrote:
Thanks Yanker for the French lesson , we spent most of our classes studying Miss Andersons glorious rack so I'm not surprised my recollection is poor :D

And I now always carry a spare float after having an issue , I bet the black ones Adam has were more solid :roll: ........ Another step forward eh :D
We seem to share some abberations in our up-bringing Mr Angry Bloke.. We also (so about 15 red bloods out of the 32 comprehensive class) spent a whole 'language-lab' (C60 cassettes and all do you remember them?) session gagging at the mouthpiece. Miss Milverton had turned-up for this 3rd term oral exam in her cheese cloth top, as it was a warm day - naturally, and as we smelled, so the windows must be open. Well we were feckingabout as usual, just 15 yr old boys and girls groping each other before we were consigned to our booths for the hour session (this continued uninhibeted throughout the hour anyhow).

Well Miss Milverton was your wet-dream at 15 full stop, somewhere betwee Debbie Harry (i hoped) and Marianne Faithfull (yeah?) . As soon as she sat down her left tit flopped out of her top. Now here is the trust thing: no one lad nor lass batted an eye=lid. Her left tit was gorgeous: a perfectly bronzed tit capped by a decent sized areola in dark gold and the crowning glory a cherry red button of a nipple that no man could resist.

We did the whole 'repetez apres moi' routine for the 45 mins, From a personal perspective I can only recall is my 'Oui' (prolly a sex wee) ...apparently most of the class felt the same as at the end of the lesson she noticed the flopped tit and asked "why did'nt anyone tell me?" Honestly: as a class of 15 year olds we all said Wee did!

She went on to a succesful career, I didn't
Yanker

Adam_Winstone wrote:The float needles and needle jets are matched pairs. Because I've stuck to Dellortos, although I have used Amals too, I have a range of spares, including 200, 250, 300 and 350 float needle seats and correct needles, however, I didn't know that the newer white floats had a range of different weights to the previous black ones.

I spent some time this evening trying the range but couldn't quite work away the issue that I've got. Not to worry though, this'll keep me busy :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Adam
Adam, Is this a 'new' slow-running/idle issue then?

New kit = new problem

OR

New carb = new problem?
Angry Bloke

Yanker wrote:
Angry Bloke wrote:

We seem to share some abberations in our up-bringing Mr Angry Bloke.. We also (so about 15 red bloods out of the 32 comprehensive class) spent a whole 'language-lab' (C60 cassettes and all do you remember them?) session gagging at the mouthpiece. Miss Milverton had turned-up for this 3rd term oral exam in her cheese cloth top, as it was a warm day - naturally, and as we smelled, so the windows must be open. Well we were feckingabout as usual, just 15 yr old boys and girls groping each other before we were consigned to our booths for the hour session (this continued uninhibeted throughout the hour anyhow).

Well Miss Milverton was your wet-dream at 15 full stop, somewhere betwee Debbie Harry (i hoped) and Marianne Faithfull (yeah?) . As soon as she sat down her left tit flopped out of her top. Now here is the trust thing: no one lad nor lass batted an eye=lid. Her left tit was gorgeous: a perfectly bronzed tit capped by a decent sized areola in dark gold and the crowning glory a cherry red button of a nipple that no man could resist.

We did the whole 'repetez apres moi' routine for the 45 mins, From a personal perspective I can only recall is my 'Oui' (prolly a sex wee) ...apparently most of the class felt the same as at the end of the lesson she noticed the flopped tit and asked "why did'nt anyone tell me?" Honestly: as a class of 15 year olds we all said Wee did!

She went on to a succesful career, I didn't

:lol: :lol: :lol: great days , very eloquently put 8-)

Unfortunately Miss Anderson was not as free spirited with her support as your Miss Milverton and we never got to see her buxom . She was usually trussed up in a tight roll neck ......mmmmmmmm
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Adam_Winstone

^^ Yanker,

New build motor so probably just a case of getting everything to harmonise. Too many different elements, some new/some used, to be able to identify the cause(s) straight away.

Anyway, more importantly, let's keep practicing...

Je tinker

Tu tinker (or not tu tinker, that is the question)

Nous tinker

Vous tinker

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information