Quick feedback if poss Dj pipe against sterling

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simonwwfc

Any feedback over a Dj pipe with 186 mugello 28mm dellorto against my old sterling thanks
Muttley McLadd

A real DJ pipe, or an asian one?

Here's a pic of an asian one, and its ability to go around corners:

CakeAndArseParty
simonwwfc

It's a stainless on tzr are selling on bay £150
lamblast

ive tried both on a 200 stage 4 the sterling is revy with a distinct powerband like a pm .the dj you have is an asian one ,on mine it didnt really have a distinct powerband the endcan is too heavy if it isnt supported at the rear its going to break .ive made some proper dj copies and tryed them also they were much better top end compared to the asian one .ive also converted a sterling to dj style which was great solid mount etc.hope this helps
simonwwfc

Any pictures please
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Why replace one crap copy that's falling to bits with another that's likely to go the same way?

I'm sure that the original DJs were good pipes in their day and for the types of tune that were being done then, but that was the 80s. There's probably much better pipes out there.

You've been bitten by 'buy cheap, buy twice'' now though, so really you're choices are -

Buy a replacement end can and fix yours, which might be throwing good money after bad.
Buy another cheapish shiny expansion, which I've not seen much praise for anywhere.
Spend a bit more and get a better quality pipe which might shake itself to bits after a year rather than 3 months.
Buy a mid-range clubman style, even in chrome if you have to have shiny, which'll probably do you a couple of years while you save up for something decent.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
simonwwfc

I'm poss gonna return it tomorrow , and replace the can with a carbon one or try and get a Kevlar one
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information