Mikuni fitting with out cutting the floor

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dodobeckam

I want to use a tmx35 with a ts but I don't want to cut any of the floor board away below the carb so carb doesn't catch the floor when the suspension moves up and down. Is there a way? Thanks J
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

When I had mine I had to notch the floorboard just a little bit to make the carb clear correctly. It was a 35TMX carb also.

If you ran a longer shock that would raise the height of the carb relative to the floorboard but then the manifold would hit the frame. It might be a matter of clever use of offset cones and an adjustable shock.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

or poss a different manifold that enables clearence both ways ...let us know your solution plz
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

A Jimmers manifold might work. It puts the carb up more than the manifold of an MB type....and offset cones.
badal1965

I've not tried to fit the rear runner yet but i've already found the carb top hits the toolbox and brass fuel feed pipe will be rubbing against the engine mount when i fit the fuel line. :x
If i'd known it was gonna be this much hassle i'd have left the Amal on there.I've got an old broady manifold/reed holder on it. :? Sorely tempted to whack the corner of the toolbox with a rubber mallet. :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information