Sean Brady 1978......

Show photo's of your scootering history, dont be shy, we all looked stupid back in the day :)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Vespa Rally 200 Electronic 'The Wasp'.

Nice trousers..... :lol:

Untitled by drunkmunkey6969, on Flickr
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

OH MY LORD :lol:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
sean brady scooters
Dealer

cheers Dan lol,
That was my first scooter on the road (well legally I mean :)
and i loved it to bits ,I was never a "MOD" as you can prob hopefully tell by the leather jacket etc /always considered myself a "scooterboy "although that piccy deeply embarrasses me now cos of all the tat that was on it lol .
but thats how everyones was up here in the scene back then in 78,and being just a kid of 18 at that time i thought it looked great lol
I remember so well even now the hours and hours that i wasted trying to improve its performance ..back then there were no performance kits or info etc out there that i knew of,no tuning books or info .
some old geezer that had our local bike shop told me to polish all the ports and cylinder head ..so i spent 24 hours doing that and expected amazing results after all my efforts ..but to no avail ,i was gutted lol
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I was in York Scooter Club about that time and i remember we all got a visit from the police over the amount of mud flaps being cut off the lorries parked up in York......the mudflaps were those shown in the photograph the "York mud flap"......i wondering if they are still investigating ??
sean brady scooters
Dealer

lol,the YORK mudflap thing was a "MUST HAVE" at that time and in this area ..it was like a badge of honour ..
and the only way that you could get one was to nick/purloin one .lol
getting mine was a terrifying experience ,I remember sneaking up to our local wagon park with a hacksaw blade in hand and it taking ages to cut off ,half way through the driver got out of his cab ..i was sure that he had poss heard me and was coming to check so in panic i crawled behind the rear wheel of the trailor and hid ..sh177ing myself .
turned out that he just wanted to relieve himself and take a p155 ..and yes against the back wheel that i was behind ,and luckily he didnt notice his rear mudflap half cut off or my hastely dropped hacksaw blade laid beside the wheel .
I completed the job after waiting for him to get back into the cab and after wiping the splashes off me ...yuk :(
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Ihateyoubutler

Funny how nobody today tries to recreate that (clothing wise) era of scootering isn't it? :lol: I'm about the same age (had my first legal scoot on the road at 17 in 78. The local corporation bus number plate was the norm) and that was the style, until we all went to Scarborough... Got overtook by a screaming custom painted green series 1 outside York.
No-one I knew had those shoes though, you must have been 'ard :lol:
Dryballs

What do you mean? I look like that now! Except my hair isn't quite as boofy
Muttley McLadd

Dryballs wrote:Except my hair isn't quite as boofy
Really??
CakeAndArseParty
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Vespa Rally 200 Electronic 'The Wasp'.

Nice trousers..... :lol:

Untitled by drunkmunkey6969, on Flickr
I just love weighted down Rallys.
Mega Sean she is a beauty.
cezeta

train driver dressed like that in the 70s, those shoes are called spoons.

we didnt have the need for such big mud flaps in the south as we had tarmac quite early on.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information