barlow stage four set ups

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

goldeneye wrote:..... after a bit of healthy debate , I called him a knob and told him to f@@k off.
For riding a 4 stroke? Lol ;0))))

Seriously though.....85? Dear I dear.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

Mine was magic all the way from Glasgow to Scarborough and back (except when my oil drain plug worked its way loose and emptied all my gearbox oil on the road outside the Metro centre!! :o ). It struggled a bit up the hills when we were sitting around 50mph in traffic on the way down but on the way back we were sitting around 55-60 and it coped with the hills better then. Sat at 55-60 all the way home with short bursts up to 65+ (on the GPS :D ). Overall I'm well chuffed with it, perfect for the rallies.
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
Shaunbond

The HB stage 4 has been running well but to be honest the Sito + is just too loud. Has anyone tried a SIP Road on this tune and what do you think? I like the idea of a quieter standard looking pipe but with a bit extra oomph.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
goldeneye

running a SIP road on my HB 200, goes alrite. it was actually better with a Simonini, as it likes to rev more than a standard barrel. the simmo ended up on our Andys P2, so I had to fit the SIP again. the neighbours like the SIP road better though......... :roll: (at 5A.M.) :lol:
Shaunbond

:lol: :lol: I bet they do..

Thanks I heard they like a simoninni but there not my favourite pipe, looks like the SIP could be the one. Anyone else any food or bad info on them? Thanks :D
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
johnny rotten
Main scooter: px200e

Just wondering if anyone can help I put a HB 207 top end on my p2, the first 300 miles while running in where straight forward however once I started to increase the distances and revs that's when problems started with it running lean and feeling as though its holding back in the mid range and top end revs, I've tried the obvious fuel starvation remedies ie shorten fuel pipe, fast flow tap, drilled banjo packed float bowl, removed filter bowl filter and increased aperture between float bowl to main jet stack from 1.6-2mm in order to improve fuel flow also checked for damaged main seal and sealed base of carb, carb box, barrel and head also tried all combinations of main jets and still no joy?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information