Recycle Rebuild

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Right the vijay`s complete..when i built it I only used the frame, every panel/ cable/ wire/nut and bolt/wheels/tyres have been replaced with brand new which has left me with a silver container full of a scooter minus the frame! WHAT TO DO WITH IT!

Hence project Recycle Rebuild so its started
Fabrication starts, Just gone quiet at work after 4 mad months so keep the fab lads busy :)

Its gonna be a slow build over the year, Oh and I will be on the lookout for a GP frame not (italian)as it will be frenched and dont want to upset anyone and dont want to pay a milion pound of junk bay .The plan is to use as much of the curryburner as poss.
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

good plan.
or track down a genuine Electronic frame and use that ?
if the other rear runner is having the same lip, you may need to consider clearance for a lardy expansion ?
Andy Pickering

I will keep an eye on that byron cheers..Tomorrow will see if my press shop manager can replicate legshield runners but longer for the extended leggys..keep ye all posted...but the machine we use for all sort of trims and drips for the buildings we produce cost in the region of 200K so It better do?... :?
jason frost
Dealer

Lam46 wrote:I will keep an eye on that byron cheers..Tomorrow will see if my press shop manager can replicate legshield runners but longer for the extended leggys..keep ye all posted...but the machine we use for all sort of trims and drips for the buildings we produce cost in the region of 200K so It better do?... :?
Just use vespa ones
Andy Pickering

Legshields ready for blast/dip/and powder coat(just for paint base).

Headset losing its mirror holes..notice the hand holding it really has got a finger missing :o

And finally YES the expensive machine did it runners made :geek: ..but jasons is a good idea aswell.
Andy Pickering

Front end sourced now so a bit of experimenting...
Yambretta

Ahh that style of pressbrake brings back memories :bouncing:
I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep
Andy Pickering

Amazing machine yam, but bloody expensive tooling and its about as reliable as a lambretta :lol: ...only joking a lammys more reliable :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information