race rapido 225

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:glad to hear its worked well for you
i like the full bodied class(is that a class or a gentlemens agreement)

im a bit lost with it all and feel there should be a common set of rules in the various sports
at the moment if you build a race scoot or sprinter its eligibility changes whereever you go or so it seems
i believe but may be wrong there are lots of different rules,ive not checked for a while

scooter shootout
below 200 above 200 road legal or road legal capable but anything goes so in reality this years could have had a cutdown with a cr250 top end racing against full bodied std ts1,s

sprint records meetings
various classes and sets a pretty good standard

100mph scooter
not sure on current rules are they correct as per the website

X RACE
not sure on rules is it as per scooter shootout

BSSO
if building for bsso only rules are well established although if you take it to a sprint meeting some meets cover bsso machines but these machines dont always fall in line with the various sprint meets rules

how frustrating is this you build a scoot and wanna try it at different events to find its eligibility is all over the place
im in the process of building a scoot and im gonna have to read all 4 to check what can / cant be done then may need to change parts or set ups depending on where it goes

i think the safe choice is build to records meeting rules but for that i think the fully cut down scoots are classed as motorcycles ?????

what do you think

What the f@@k are you p1551ing and moaning about ? LMFAO! With 50bhp does your 'class' really matter?

Did Harry Barlow not ring you to discuss rules n regs?

Get your customers beast on the tarmac, we know its a 'done deal' already if you have 50bhp Darrell....no point ruffling feathers on the regs at this point.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:glad to hear its worked well for you
i like the full bodied class(is that a class or a gentlemens agreement)

im a bit lost with it all and feel there should be a common set of rules in the various sports
at the moment if you build a race scoot or sprinter its eligibility changes whereever you go or so it seems
i believe but may be wrong there are lots of different rules,ive not checked for a while

scooter shootout
below 200 above 200 road legal or road legal capable but anything goes so in reality this years could have had a cutdown with a cr250 top end racing against full bodied std ts1,s

sprint records meetings
various classes and sets a pretty good standard

100mph scooter
not sure on current rules are they correct as per the website

X RACE
not sure on rules is it as per scooter shootout

BSSO
if building for bsso only rules are well established although if you take it to a sprint meeting some meets cover bsso machines but these machines dont always fall in line with the various sprint meets rules

how frustrating is this you build a scoot and wanna try it at different events to find its eligibility is all over the place
im in the process of building a scoot and im gonna have to read all 4 to check what can / cant be done then may need to change parts or set ups depending on where it goes

i think the safe choice is build to records meeting rules but for that i think the fully cut down scoots are classed as motorcycles ?????

what do you think

What the f@@k are you p1551ing and moaning about ? LMFAO! With 50bhp does your 'class' really matter?

Did Harry Barlow not ring you to discuss rules n regs?

Get your customers beast on the tarmac, we know its a 'done deal' already if you have 50bhp Darrell....no point ruffling feathers on the regs at this point.....

youll have to add a smiley or an angry face cause i cant work out the tone of your comments?

i posted the above comments in october ???????

the very points covered in the post are fundamentally what harry is currently working on to try and achieve a merger of rules n regs across the board so machines competing in all sports can carry over easily in an attempt to increase numbers and create a fair set of rules

the scooter shootout as an example could have seen a cut down sprinter with a 300cc motorcross top end with a full aero package with a number plate and electric horn fitted with its owner stating "yes it will pass an mot but i havent got one" and producing a sorn certificate ,he could enter it alongside a full bodied lambretta in the same class ,no one capitalized on the rules loophole but it existed and one day someone could but that wouldnt be sporting so a major tidy up is needed and believe harry barlow is putting some great work,time and effort in to try and achieve this for the good of the sport
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Sorry....my poor attempt at humour, and flattery of sorts I guess. Badly worded. Just saying....with 50 horses you'll win just about every class! Lol :grin:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

50 horses is miles away yet but a nice target to aim for , every 1 hp over 40 is very hard to find especially with self imposed restrictions of no welding
weight and aero are worth much more than the available power
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
fairspares wrote:Image

Is this your sprint motor?
now you two have stopped bitching :o , il reply.
This was my 2010 sprint barrel work done by Ben @ AF but was running piston port and produced same power 28bhp but more peaky , i got Ben to convert it to reed and was going to use as a road engine but im now building another full frame sprinter so this barrel is now being developed for sprinting again by myself , Ben and px Tony . keeping it reed valved, but now 60mm stroke, mrb non-cowling head, and altered timings .
Heard the news that Harry Barlow wants to get involved with straightliners/sprinting , il be at the agm next saturday to see how it goes.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

fairspares wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
fairspares wrote:Image

Is this your sprint motor?
now you two have stopped bitching :o , il reply.
This was my 2010 sprint barrel work done by Ben @ AF but was running piston port and produced same power 28bhp but more peaky , i got Ben to convert it to reed and was going to use as a road engine but im now building another full frame sprinter so this barrel is now being developed for sprinting again by myself , Ben and px Tony . keeping it reed valved, but now 60mm stroke, mrb non-cowling head, and altered timings .
Heard the news that Harry Barlow wants to get involved with straightliners/sprinting , il be at the agm next saturday to see how it goes.
on y Winpep graph what smoothing is the graph line set to 1-4 ?

muppet,
C’est la vie
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

give me a clue and il try and help . im not that clued up on how they work or what the operators do to fiddle the figures. will this be on the graph info somewhere.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information