sip speedo working with wassel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simonwwfc

Eden wrote:which other input?
I've seen some other figures someone put up 1323 - 0.77
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

simonwwfc wrote:
sideout wrote:
simonwwfc wrote: Is it pretty straight forward setting ratio etc my front tyre is conti 3.50 - 10 m/c 59 j ? - Yes, [Setting 3] mine is set to 1287 (Bridgestone Hoop) with the speedo gear set to 0.78
Simon, you seem determined to make hard work of this ;)
The "other input" is the ratio of the speedo gears, in my case 0.78. This ratio is constant on Series 3 Lambrettas (I think) but possibly varies on Vespas (which the guts of these speedos are also used on).
phew.... :)
Spursy
Main scooter: Series 2 Bgm Race-Tour

Had my speedo on for nearly a year now ,, i use these setting 1357 .. 0.77 , on conti navigators, Int, pulse 3 ,works a treat and it been set using a sat nav ,, its spot on from 30 mph to 70 mph ,, the only issues i have had with mineis the speedo had some condensation inside it the speedo display started to fail near the temp reading ,,,,,But beedspeed exchange it for me :D (great customer service) and the new one i took the facia off and used a small rubber seal and some clear sealant to fix that issue,,
simonwwfc

sideout wrote:
simonwwfc wrote:
sideout wrote:
simonwwfc wrote: Is it pretty straight forward setting ratio etc my front tyre is conti 3.50 - 10 m/c 59 j ? - Yes, [Setting 3] mine is set to 1287 (Bridgestone Hoop) with the speedo gear set to 0.78
Simon, you seem determined to make hard work of this ;)
The "other input" is the ratio of the speedo gears, in my case 0.78. This ratio is constant on Series 3 Lambrettas (I think) but possibly varies on Vespas (which the guts of these speedos are also used on).
phew.... :)
Not hard work was trying to find out how you work this ratio figure out :anbrgin; look I don't touch my scoot so this is first time I have done any work myself blimy I'm only asking a question isn't this is wot a forums for to ask .
davehodge
Main scooter: lambretta dl185

Sometimes its better to listen and not ask too many questions . Between this forum and the OTHER one virtually everything has been covered more than once . After reading thousands of posts most seem to go off stream or get personnal at around page 5 ! Let those who know better do the tech stuff. Speedo gear ratio seems to be 0.78 . Dont know why but there you go
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

simonwwfc wrote:Not hard work was trying to find out how you work this ratio figure out :anbrgin; look I don't touch my scoot so this is first time I have done any work myself blimy I'm only asking a question isn't this is wot a forums for to ask .
You keep asking Simon, it's not a problem and keeps the forum lively :)

I wasn't having a go, honest :) I just thought we'd already covered that bit.

Stick with the speedo because it really is a good bit of kit.

As a matter of interest, what's your location? There might be someone in the area willing to help out on those odd little tricks and tips which are sometimes easier to show than tell ;)

Cheers,

Nigel
simonwwfc

Eden wrote:Here is a clue to his location.........
The wwfc at the end of his name Isn't wolves...
Thanks and don't worry , ive added measurments and ratio 0.77 il see how it goes against my sat nav once the weather improves , I've got a new polished stand and splash plate to fit plus few custom bits by chasspeedfabs to keep me busy

Buckinghamshire
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

So seven pages on, some of you must have fitted it to a Tv/SX type headset. Have you noticed the same issue as described by Sticky in Scootering..?

Really want one, not only for the temp gauge but also for the second mph indicator as my Tv is European with km/h speedo :D
Wolf
Main scooter: 1965 li150 special

hi victor i have fitted my sip speedo in a sx type headset .
not had any issues. it is tight getting everything in but it does all go :D
mine is the new one with the low fuel warning indicator ,dot know if that makes any differance
richie
soulsurfer

Is there any way of telling whether you have the latest version (with low fuel indicator) from the packaging prior to fitting?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information