Lambretta sip speedo is it more hassle than its worth ??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simonwwfc

ive still not got round to fitting my brand new boxed one yet , i only bought it as wanted a rev counter so splashed out £135 but after reading about differant issues with them etc im wondering if its worth the hassle ? now toying between getting rid of it and just buying a 2 stroke rev counter any feedback will be good please as if i sell id like to fit 1 rev counter in tool box area
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

once fitted you'll see how easy it really is to set up and operate, i love it
simonwwfc

rapido230 wrote:once fitted you'll see how easy it really is to set up and operate, i love it
how old is yours ? have you had any issues with it since you fitted it im thinking about putting scooter into garage and getting them to either fit it or just resell and buy a nice fitted rev counter
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

mines only a few month old, and got 1 for px too, no probs at all, i read alot on here 1st so had a good idea and then confronted sip instructions. i even went to the lengths of using speed sensor and magnet, apart from the blue flash it good lol
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

A mate fitted mine but it was quite straight forward. Not got the temp set up yet but it's a superb piece of kit...
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I think you'll find the people on this forum have overcome any hassles. At least have a go at fitting it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I've fitted 3 with my half a brain, so that's only a 1/6th of a brain required for one speedo :)
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I think you'll love it!
As people have said, most of the problems have been solved, like needing to fit a resistor type spark plug.
You also have a GP, so none of the frustration us SX headset types have with speedo drive fouling the forks.
I can also recomend the electronic sensor for the speedo drive if you want to get rid of your speedo cable, works very well.
simonwwfc

electronic sensor are they bought through sip only
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

simonwwfc wrote:electronic sensor are they bought through sip only
I have just bought one with the magnetic speed sensor from SIP , but i noticed you can buy the magnet and lead from Beedspeed
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
ArmandTanzarian

How are people getting over the SX issue?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information