sip speedo working with wassel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Great result Eden! Was this with, or without a battery in the circuit?

Nigel
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

Eden wrote:with :)

I might change how ive got the battery switched though, at the moment its switched using the ignition key but it only switches the battery on when the lights are on.
This isnt a bad thing though because I like to always ride with the lights on anyway, the only problem is I dont think it would pass an MOT like that due to you being able to ride the scooter with out clocking any miles up on the speedo because its not on unless the lights are on.
Nice one Eden been looking at these for a while too many probs up to now :lol: I have an mb on one of my gp,s no rev just speedo but still very good , are you running cable or sensor for speedo. I think you may have cracked the rev issue re wassel all mine are converted. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best, again good work.

Den
carlos fandango

Does the rev counter wiring usually work from the lighting circuit on these ? Or can u wrap a sensor wire around the ht lead ?
Can u scan and send me the wiring diagram pls so i can compare it to mine ? ta
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
coaster

carlos fandango wrote:Does the rev counter wiring usually work from the lighting circuit on these ? Or can u wrap a sensor wire around the ht lead ?
Can u scan and send me the wiring diagram pls so i can compare it to mine ? ta
If you check back through this thread, the SIP unit is supposed to pick up the rev counter pulse through the brown lighting feed but with a Wassel fitted and a battery, there isn't enough of a signal to operate the thev counter. There was a suggestion that it might be possible to take the feed from the AC side of the Wassel unit (yellow feeds) but no one has been brave enough to try it up to now due to the high voltage involved :shock: Well done Eden 8-)
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Eden wrote:with :)

I might change how ive got the battery switched though, at the moment its switched using the ignition key but it only switches the battery on when the lights are on.
This isnt a bad thing though because I like to always ride with the lights on anyway, the only problem is I dont think it would pass an MOT like that due to you being able to ride the scooter with out clocking any miles up on the speedo because its not on unless the lights are on.
My series 1 only has a speedo when the lights are on via an ignition switch, the MOT guy was well happy though he did record the trip mileage on the MOT, I pointed this out and he was not bothered. He was happy the lights worked even more so without filling his workshop with 2 stroke, heathen biker
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

interesting, and very helpful, discovery
I wouldn't have thought that the mot would be a problem
Spud

Eden,
Have you removed your old speedo cable & run the wire for the sensor inside your forks in its place?
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

As a matter of interest Eden, why did you decide to use the magnetic pick up and not the speedo cable drive?
Spud

Eden,
Did you get yours direct from SIP, or a UK dealer?

Cheers
Spud
simonwwfc

ive just got mine delivered from pm tuning yesterday and havnt taken it out the box any tips fitting to curry gp125 also have i heard something regards speedo cable that it isnt the correct fit ? if so wot do i need thanks simon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information