imola woes

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tonytoolbox

hi all i have an imola (well not any more :cry: ) it drop a ring and now have about 1.5-2.0mm score running up from transfer port to top of barrel. my question is can this be rebored depending if i can get a piston to suit, or re linned what would you do, all anwers welcome (door stop perhapps :lol: ) thought ill get that one in first.cheers tony
Ketje

Reboring and replating could be very expensive. Might be worth comparing the price with a new kit...
Mike.
Muttley McLadd

tonytoolbox wrote:hi all i have an imola (well not any more :cry: ) it drop a ring and now have about 1.5-2.0mm score running up from transfer port to top of barrel. my question is can this be rebored depending if i can get a piston to suit, or re linned what would you do, all anwers welcome (door stop perhapps :lol: ) thought ill get that one in first.cheers tony
I'd keep it as a souvenir and buy a GT kit.
CakeAndArseParty
carlos fandango

tonytoolbox wrote:hi all i have an imola (well not any more :cry: ) it drop a ring and now have about 1.5-2.0mm score running up from transfer port to top of barrel. my question is can this be rebored depending if i can get a piston to suit, or re linned what would you do, all anwers welcome (door stop perhapps :lol: ) thought ill get that one in first.cheers tony
Yes you can but it dosent need a rebore, it just needs stripping, welding and relining. Take it to a reputable scooter shop Scooterotica ,Readspeed, MB, JB, chiselspeed cam lam , etc etc. there are plenty about and should be about £140+ add onto that a piston. Or send it direct to Langcourts or aptec who AFAIK are the only two places that do it and where everyone send them too. This should be the same price as the shops eg. £140 ish and you'll need to send the piston to them at the same time.
If your in any doubt about what, you want id take it to a scooter shop, and you'll benefit from there advise at a similar cost ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
tonytoolbox

cheers for everyones comments its a good kit so will look into a repair me thinks,its gonna take to much polishing to make it clean enough to go on the mantel ;) mind you them new gt kits look gr8
joespeed

tonytoolbox wrote:cheers for everyones comments its a good kit so will look into a repair me thinks,its gonna take to much polishing to make it clean enough to go on the mantel ;) mind you them new gt kits look gr8

tony check your pm's
Chuck IT

joespeed wrote:
tonytoolbox wrote:cheers for everyones comments its a good kit so will look into a repair me thinks,its gonna take to much polishing to make it clean enough to go on the mantel ;) mind you them new gt kits look gr8

tony check your pm's
Send it to Darrel Taylor for tuning & have it bored to 66mm with a 116mm rod . Awsome !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information