Painting a clubman..

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
cit205

LI150 wrote:
Eibar wrote:even barbecue paint & fire grate paint both done by plastikote do burn off on the header section of the pipe virtually strainght away, I've found they are not as resilient as powdercoat.

My expansion chamber costs me a tenner to get coated and i'll get all year riding out of it for 2 years at stretch, so works out cheaper than plastikote and the effort of sanding and cleaning the pipe.

Never had a problem with BBQ burning off but then I do use the expensive wilkinsons paint.... :lol:
^what he said 8-)
oktc123
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Had the Clubman exhaust on my GP Electronic resto ceramic coated by Zircotec, cost over £200 but is guaranteed.
U pipe I had chromed, will have to wait & see how it lasts.
Stokie

oktc123 wrote:Had the Clubman exhaust on my GP Electronic resto ceramic coated by Zircotec, cost over £200 but is guaranteed.
Jesus, I hope you've got a proper hand built RS clubman or something similar and not an Indian made big bore or AF clubman.
oktc123
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Stokie wrote:
oktc123 wrote:Had the Clubman exhaust on my GP Electronic resto ceramic coated by Zircotec, cost over £200 but is guaranteed.
Jesus, I hope you've got a proper hand built RS clubman or something similar and not an Indian made big bore or AF clubman.
LOL, ye bit better than the 2 you mentioned.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information