What frame have I got?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

bristolmod wrote:where's the stars?

The area around the number looks like its been flatened- or is that a trick of the light?

Chris
Yeah slightly flattened..............

Like I said earlier................

BUGGER :oops:
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
RBG

The Number looks like my Spanish LI 150.
Number starts 150LI-
Been out to take a pic but its not showing due to the flash.
Anyway you can see the box section.
The numbers on my Spanish LI are not very pretty but it is original.
I'll see about getting you another pic tomorrow.

sean brady scooters
Dealer

in the top pic.........at the end of the number.......the right hand side of pic that is.......
i can see a left facing half moon shape.........its visible above masking tape and also through masking tape..............
dont know if this may mean anything but just looks a bit odd..........
you could remove paint i suppose ........and see what you may or may not find...........
also its a bit odd that you say its got IGM stamped.......but nothing after that...........
that said.........apart from the numbers .......i,m sure its a spanish frame..........
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
joespeed

i have a spanish jet frame with the ignition key hole in the same place and the gusset on the engine mount,also a battery tray with straight sides not tapered to the out side where the battery clamp clip goes,the frame has no tell tale (hard to restamp)markings ,.also i agree with other the frame looks like it has had the numbers groung off and polished up ,hence the flattenig of the tube,check the battery tray (if it has one show us with a picture)i would say that you have a 'humdinger'!
regards
joe
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Thanks guys,

There's no battery tray and there's a couple of other suspicious things too, so yes looks like I've been shafted.

Didn't pay too much, but still very pissed off
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
FrankF

It's definatley SPANISH, there is nothing wrong with it IMHO, but if you don't want it i'll take it off your hands :)
You can look too hard into these things. Like some tubes are slightly flat from the bending and clamping process when either a new batch of steel tube was used or the heat changed. I've seen Italian and Indian tubes similar and not worried about it.
Seriously though, if you don't want it, PM me.
Cheers
Frank
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information