S3 floor runner kit

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

Am after a good quality grey floor kit for my li special. Ive noticed full set from scooter restorations for £40. Anyone bought a set or recommend from somewhere ?

Ive already got casa end caps so could just buy the rest but tends to work out dearer by the looks.. Cheers.
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Am after a good quality grey floor kit for my li special. Ive noticed full set from scooter restorations for £40. Anyone bought a set or recommend from somewhere ?

Ive already got casa end caps so could just buy the rest but tends to work out dearer by the looks.. Cheers.
scootrs left, casa lambretta right by wheredowegonowbutnowhere, on Flickr

These are the ones I ordered from 2 different manufacturers for my Tv... Quite a difference in appearance...
Boothy_the_makem

Cheers victor . I was in work today and ended up phoning scooter restorations and ordering the full kit. Needed some side panel handle roll pins as well and wanted them delivered ready for my next days off :)

Typically i didnt realise i was watching scootopia set and got a ebay reminder on my phone not long after .
Interesting you posted that pic with scootrs looking better than casa . Look at the pictures and description here

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 2682793479

Hope the ones ive ordered are good ???
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
victor

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Cheers victor . I was in work today and ended up phoning scooter restorations and ordering the full kit. Needed some side panel handle roll pins as well and wanted them delivered ready for my next days off :)

Typically i didnt realise i was watching scootopia set and got a ebay reminder on my phone not long after .
Interesting you posted that pic with scootrs looking better than casa . Look at the pictures and description here

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 2682793479

Hope the ones ive ordered are good ???
I'm sure they will be fine, the ones I got were from scootopia/casa a year ago but it seems as if they are now being reproduced using new machinery with the innocenti logo :)

Interestingly enough scootrs are proud enough to put their logo instead of the innocenti logo on their items...

The floorboards to be honest is one of the better scootrs products I've received, with many others being ok but not more.

Please post some photos when they arrive so that everyone knows what to expect from different retailers. Scooter restorations is probably my favourite UK dealer, always receiving top quality items and service from them, so obviously curious on this item.
Boothy_the_makem

Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)

Scratch that. Better than xmas. Lambretta parts v socks n boxers no contest :D
camel

Boothy_the_makem wrote:Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)

text me then post the same question.....feel all used now
Boothy_the_makem

camel wrote:
Boothy_the_makem wrote:Yeah i will post some pics up next week after me shifts. Ordered a stack of parts last night anorl so it should be like christmas over the next few days :)

text me then post the same question.....feel all used now

Haha i posted it up here first then i remembered your supertune and what a fussy fooker you are lol. And you said scoot resto so took yer advice ;)
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

I have used the Scooter restorations ones for both series 3 and series 2 all good quality :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Boothy_the_makem

ok, heres the pics of my new and old floor runners, the light grey are the old ones.

the new ones are casa and have a bad spot on each one where the mould was injected by the looks, whereas the old ones dont,

i am seriously considering cleaning up the originals and using them, it depends on which ones match the casa grey body kit ,

victor

Boothy_the_makem wrote:ok, heres the pics of my new and old floor runners, the light grey are the old ones.

the new ones are casa and have a bad spot on each one where the mould was injected by the looks, whereas the old ones dont,

i am seriously considering cleaning up the originals and using them, it depends on which ones match the casa grey body kit ,

As you can see on the photos I posted above, that's exactly the same problem I had (poor moulding, colour mismatch) and mine were returned to scootopia.

Seriously, and I know I'm swearing in church, the scootrs ones are much better in terms of quality and colour matching.

Havent seen the other italian "innocenti" items yet but on photo they do seem great...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information