RB20 carb advice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Okay am getting somewhere near the end of the rebuild, well i can see a faint glimmer in the distance anyway. Only 2 major parts that i need are carb and front disc. With regard to the carb i was going to go for the 34m delly from AF which they will have jetted up correctly. When i ordered the kit i said i wanted a set up that sat in between race & touring and they reccomended there new NK mid pipe, and there standard flywheel which had been lightened slightly (not to be confused with there full on lightened one) so in effect i have there mid pipe and mid flywheel, crank is a taffspeed with tv conrod i believe.

Problem is i see that people are now saying a 30m is the better carb to go for, it also says this in last issue of scootering so im a tad confused about which to go for. Dont want to make a mistake as i cant afford to replace it once purchased. Dont mind if i have to make a hole in the panel for the carb either way.

Suggestions/advice appreciated.

Sef
Hillt68

Hi
I'd just talk to AF and see what they think will be best for your set up / requirements... I'm looking at building an 80's style street racer from an old cut Li frame next year. once your up and running post here how it feels / goes etc, I'll be very interested.
Good luck with it.

..................................................................................................................................................................

------------------------------------"Mad Cucumbers with Eyes" Scooter Club------------------------------------
sydduckett

No can do, had a ruck with AF, nose off and all that, but it was a principle thing.

Anyhows i reckon its best to ask on here as Im hoping there are a few early adopters who might have tried both.

Sef
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information