project BLACK RAT

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
caspa2006

ok managed to drop the lump in this morning but well hard with no lifting gear.
sub frame needs jacking up by 12mm so the sump hangs clear and the top rear engine mount
needs cutting off and welding to the frame this should bring the engine back by 1.5" and give me
enough room to run the pipes down the leg shields if not I will cut the front leg shield I do want
a 4 into 1 but means running 1 section under the floor :? not to sure yet might have to go with
stubby's and have a 4 into 2......

Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
T5-190

I'm loving this build.
caspa2006

I have had a hard look at it tonight sat on where the seat should be and rocked it back and forth seem a little front heavy
so I am going to chop it in half and stretch the frame by about 4 or 5 inch to bring the weight off the front end, also will be it way easier to mount the pipes no need to cut the leggys now just need to find a very good welder dont want the frame to snap... :o :o :o
caspa2006

Hiya everybody its been a while since I have been on here all scooter projects have been stored for a while due to the lack of funds
ok time to revive this post with a few updated pictures

drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

RICSPEED wrote:old honda cromstars had a sepeate hub section with 6 bolt holes through the outer edge ... might be worth a look in to
Always makes me smile when these old threads reignite and I unexpectedly find myself reading a comment from Ric...... :)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Wicked project this, look forward to seeing it finished.......what a beast.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
caspa2006

cheers mate this is only the baby version just to try it , too see if I like going really fast......... :o
I have another frame an old imported mk1 P2 frame which I got for under £20.00 which I am thinking of doing the same too but with an R1 lump
there are a few cheap bikes going around now, if you work it out its a lot cheaper then doing a 210-225 vespa this bike stands me at £300.00 now
to get it to this stage so they a cheap to do
Bullhead71
Main scooter: 1981 Vespa P125X

Looking good mate, saw this on our Vespa chopper club page ;)
caspa2006

yes mate I am asking around for help off a few different people, I have just come to fit the chain and guess what I need to cut the frame away
dam, I had the left frame hanger/mount made and thought I could put the upper and lower chain through a same hole in the frame I was so wrong I
need to take the side out of the scooter recess it in by 1.25" just so the chain clears o what fun

you can see what I mean here

caspa2006

ok I need some help, I think I need to fit upper and lower chain rollers , is there any information out there about, I need to redirect the chain.

are rollers the best way to go or should I use a small sprocket to alter the chain direction
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information