Wiring Electronic Kit To Series 1 Loom

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eadmr04

I'm currently fitting a GP crank and electronic kit to my series 1. Any ideas how I can wire this up to make the lights work on my original loom?
firekdp

What loom has the series 1 got battery, non battery? There are even several different non battery types. Is there a diagram on http://www.scooterhelp.com/electrics/50.elec.html that matches yours?

I noticed on another forum that you needed a 3 lamp rear light and someone put up a link to one. I've seen several remade ones that are wired incorrectly, the one in the link (going from what I see in the photo) appeared to be the same!
eadmr04

There's no diagram on there unfortunately. It's a battery loom but did not have a brake light or brake light switch. I bought a series 2 back light inner so as to have a rear brake light and wired a switch in just running from the positive of the battery, via the switch then onto the rear brake lamp. The back light inner I bought was not wired (totally blank just with bulb holders) and i wired it up myself. It all worked ok via the battery and the rear light bulbs were fed of the normal lighting circuit?
firekdp

There are 2 different diagrams (that I know of) for a battery, non brake light model as well.
If you PM me your email address I'll scan them and you can see if one matches yours.
Kev.
eadmr04

PM sent, cheers.
firekdp

Pics sent, more than likely that it's the later type. When you convert to electronic are you planning to keep the battery using a vespa regulator, going totally AC or totally DC.
eadmr04

No battery just totally AC.
firekdp

If it is as the later type just fit a DC junction box where your reg/rec fits and make all connections in there. If your horn is fed by a brown then it is already AC and will not need changing.
eadmr04

Cheers Kev, checked the wiring with the diagrams you sent and it is the later type so I can just follow your diagram. Excellent and thanks for all your help. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information