my scooters from 84 to 2012

Show photo's of your scootering history, dont be shy, we all looked stupid back in the day :)
jeck

My first ever Scooter aged 16 by whatsfresh, on Flickr
this was my first ever scooter the most southern scooter in scotland due to staying in a rural wee town at the bottom tip of scotland , which had never seen the likes of what was to come once me and my merry band of mates from high school a mix of mods,twotone,teddy boy , and ac/dc fan all went to morecambe 85 . and did that open or eyes ,all came back and that was us over night scooter boys .
My Rally going PX by whatsfresh, on Flickr
This is the scooter that i went to morecambe 85 on , sleeping bag but no tent ,map or hardly any money but plenty of good memories . I got 10 points on my licence for doing a wheelie in front of the old bill on this scoot and banned for 6 months Image
My custom scoot from the eighties called She's so Blue by whatsfresh, on Flickr
I bought this scoot already cut down but not sprayed , got it done by a scooterist in balfron north of glasgow , I loved this scooter and the buzz i got ridding to rallies through the wee towns on way to rallies as we didnt go much on the motorways in thoses days due to l plates or being illegal in some way
Shes so blue at girvan 87 by whatsfresh, on Flickr

Shes so blue by whatsfresh, on Flickr
Never did get my trophy for winning as i was to pick it up at disc , but scooter broke down on the way there

I bought this scooter after wee jock from stranraer/girvan had a meeting with a car and lost .
I will post more photos later ,

jeck

girvan 86/87 by whatsfresh, on Flickr
Last edited by jeck on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

great pictures..now add some words, come on dont be shy we are all friends here :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
jeck

Panther and women side panel scoot by whatsfresh, on Flickr

Armandos by whatsfresh, on Flickr
i bought this in Sheffield in 87 or 88 went down on the train with sparky from ayr and picked it up , a great scooter i fitted a pm tuning exhaust with a power valve fitted (remember them) .
I then sold it in 1990 and went in search of the money to london , glasgow ,edinburgh or wherever as a chippy , not getting a scooter again until 97 .
I came across the glove box of the armandos about 7 yrs ago at whisky galore rally , groggy from dumfries was selling parts and had it sitting there in front of me , i for some reason didnt buy it but the next day another mate dropped it in to me from groggy (FOC) :D
fast forward to kelso this year and i was talking to a good old mate also from dumfries gary (chives) who with a fair stagger and eyes rolling in his head says to me remember your armandos , well i have the frame sitting in my garden ,not in very good nick but your welcome to have it .
true to his word a couple of weeks later i picked it up .
gary was right it was rough as hell but after 22 yrs since i last set eyes on it it is now in my garage ( thanks to groggs and gary ) .
Another project that i will post later

Bought this in 97 but sold it on again by whatsfresh, on Flickr

My current cream ts1

by whatsfresh, on Flickr
I bought this in 2006 in bolton , the first think i ever bought on fleabay
I then took it in a box to andy francis for a complete rebuild with a ts1 fitted , i still use and own it

Arran hills by whatsfresh, on Flickr
This is the duck blue li after rebuild .
This photo was taken on the isle of arran where i was building a house this year , great scooter riding around the island .

[Image
IMG00216-20110505-1441 by whatsfresh, on Flickr
This is my current project , another li125 which i bought as separate bits again on fleabay , i have sprayed it satin black and the panels are away getting painted signwriting , and i am picking up an rb 20 on friday to go in it , now that i finally know how to put photos on i will start a project build on show your scoots .
jeck ;)
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

cheers jeck..brilliant
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Jeck , Great stories and Pics mate good to see you on here how you keeping ?? recovered from that wet ride in Gijon yet :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
jeck

Arite toddy , The weather we are getting the now is pretty much the same as Gijon 'wet' .
Hope to meet sometime this year with you at the rest of the wisemen for a beer or two . :fb:

Jeck.
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Aye aye they'll lat any bugger on here with old pics .. :frog:
Alright chap 8-)
Richjak

great thread please do keep on posting the rebuild pictures
BOTAK ITU INDAH.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information