Jockeys rear brake, need some help please?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Robi D

ImageI have gotten the new LTH rear brake kit and hooked it up, went to put my new rear hub on and it is a very tight fit, and it would take nothing more then a mm for the brake to be on. I'm using an Li cam. Wondering if a GP cam would be better? What have people used on their scoots?
Thanks
Last edited by Robi D on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angry Bloke

I had the same problem with a spanish hub using the small cam and an Li brake accuator.

I dressed about 1mm off the shoes and it fits a treat ,I've not tried it on the road yet but seems ok on the bench :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I had the same problem so i used a GP cam with the round pin supplied with the kit and adjusted up the cable. works fine.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I fannied about for a while trying to get it sorted.

Ended up dropping the shoes etc into the unmounted hub to see how much clearance I was actually dealing with, and whether or not it was just an alignment issue.....

Worked a treat, i could how the fit was and then adjust alignment to get it to fit...
lockman69

It's was my understanding that these brake kits where for Indian GP engines where the pivot pins are machined out of line ?... So using them with Italian or Spanish engine cases would require more messing around to make them work.
Angry Bloke

lockman69 wrote:It's was my understanding that these brake kits where for Indian GP engines where the pivot pins are machined out of line ?... So using them with Italian or Spanish engine cases would require more messing around to make them work.
Agreed if you use the large cam provided with the kit.

If you use the non cam smaller pivot you just end up with a better brake with good shoes and twin return springs- There was a very good review in Scootering a couple of month back but I daren't copy and post it :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Robi D

I have removed probably close to a mm from the shoes already. I'm using the small pivot and Li cam. I will try it with a GP cam this coming weekend and see if I have any luck! I think that should give me a decent amount of clearance and take care of the issue. I guess we'll see. I don't want to remove any more shoe, and I'm not going to start to mess with the new hub! I'll report back.
Thanks
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Hi.
This rear brake kit is from Jockey's Boxenstop NOT from LTH 8-)
Cheers.
Robi D

Ahhh shoot!
Thats what I meant!! :oops:
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Never rub the shoes down by hand always use a brake shoe trimming tool as if rubbed down by hand you will only have a small area of the shoe that actually contacts the hub.

Looking at the pic i'd take 1mm off either side of the gp brake came first and see how you get on.

Dean
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information