The best scooter never built

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
lambro

Speed Demon wrote:
scooterslag wrote:
Like that a lot but whats the deal with the exposed drive belt? surely all the road crap/muck would cause it to wear out prematurely?

An exposed toothed belt was good enough for Buell and they've just fitted one to the new Tmax because it is more power efficient than the enclosed chains they used before.

I MOT'd a 1000cc Rotax Can Am Spider last week, exposed belt as well.
Now that is a toy I would have loved a proper go on :mrgreen:
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

lambro wrote:
Speed Demon wrote:
scooterslag wrote:
Like that a lot but whats the deal with the exposed drive belt? surely all the road crap/muck would cause it to wear out prematurely?

An exposed toothed belt was good enough for Buell and they've just fitted one to the new Tmax because it is more power efficient than the enclosed chains they used before.

I MOT'd a 1000cc Rotax Can Am Spider last week, exposed belt as well.
Now that is a toy I would have loved a proper go on :mrgreen:
You see them on Harleys too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
warts
Main scooter: honda

Both nice looking machines.
And smaller BMW's too.
I guess the Orbital (type) technology will appear when there are clear advantages. ie cheaper and more profitable so no increase in warranty costs - probably not quite convinced the accountants yet. And have clear marketing advantages to flog to the consumer.
I don't suppose that many potential customers know or care about the differences between a 2T and 4T, but they know stuff like reduced fuel consumption, cheaper servicing and greater reliability. And hate the opposite.
Even mainstream car mags and newspapers give maxi scooters column inches these days. Lots of perceived advantages, speed, lane and parking concessions, convenience, cost - well fuel/tax/insurance cost.
Aprilla or Yamaha likeliest to take a punt?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information