Super Monza

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
steve chapman

its one of the first ten ultimate kits , with no exta work done
it goes like stink eden
soulsurfer

Very nice :-D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

thats a nice power curve Steve,im sure youll adapt your riding to suit the new power characteristics

ive taken a look at the power range and its as follows

4k 5bhp
5k 8bhp
6k 23bhp
7k 27.5bhp
8k 30bhp
9k 17.5bhp
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

eden wrote:Is that out of the box or has it had some work done to it?

its a very nice graph ;)

had a read thru steves monza posts and its on the blueprinted(ported) cylinder and ported cases/mod bearings,the vhsh 30mm modded p-jet carb and i think the best exhaust option
soulsurfer

Darrell Taylor wrote:thats a nice power curve Steve,im sure youll adapt your riding to suit the new power characteristics

ive taken a look at the power range and its as follows

4k 5bhp
5k 8bhp
6k 23bhp
7k 27.5bhp
8k 30bhp
9k 17.5bhp
I like the torque curve too, what's the stats on that Darrell?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

heres torque range soulsurfer
the idea of displaying power and torque range is so meaningful comparisons can be made, for example compared to a stock avanti(no blueprinting) you can quickly see that the avanti has good low rpm pull at 4 k having 3.5 more torque than the super monza but the sm holds 20+ tq between 6 and 8k before falling off so has excellent top end ,you can compare the motors in this format and see what pros and cons each may have and make a good guess of what gearing will work
ive added a few tuned examples for comparison too then would also be good to put a cost above each

torque figures

RPM............super monza 225.....avanti 225 fran.....tuned rapido 225 jl3.....tuned rapido250 fran...eden 240 fran

4k...................7...........................10.5.....................10..............................15............................13

5k...................8............................11.......................17.............................15............................15

6k..................20...........................15........................21..............................22...........................20

7k .................20.5........................17........................17...............................22..........................18.5

8k ................ 20...........................8........................13...............................18...........................16
soulsurfer

I guess Eden's is from Diablo's dyno, what dyno are the Rapido figures from and how would that compare to Diablo's, bearing in mind that the Performance tuning dyno reads considerably lower than Diablo's?

It would be helpful also to have the power figures alongside the torque figures for all so we can see the full picture.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

the rapido dyno,s are from mine , edens as well as 2 other bikes have shown to be within .1 or .2 bhp difference between mine and als dyno ,2 read lower on mine 1 read higher on als but only .1/.2
then recently a german vespa did the rounds visiting various dyno,s als/pt and a few others and was found to read very similarly i think speed demon may know better so forgive me if i have this wrong.
i think als on with building a super monza so make a nice comparison as a shop/owner built motor
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

me neither ,its a cracking motor with a very nice flat torque curve,i wouldnt describe it as a touring motor but still well up for doing that job and not what its being sold as anyway
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information