air scoop removal

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... yep, you see why we laughed :)
coaster

I'm inclined to agree with the school of thought that for a standard engine, there will be more than enough air flow. Apart from the any possible forecourt confusion :biggrin: the only other possible issue I can think of woulb be an incease in induction noise.
maskie66
Main scooter: 66 li150 golden special

coaster your spot on with induction noise!!
Bombay Mix Pilot

You could always make some kind of mesh cover for the hole, it would maybe prevent any objects falling into the airbox and help with the forecourt confusion a bit.

Andy.
bootros

I was messing around with a 225 conversion running a standard airbox, filter and clubman exhaust and really struggled to get a decent idle without the scoop fitted.
coaster

bootros wrote:I was messing around with a 225 conversion running a standard airbox, filter and clubman exhaust and really struggled to get a decent idle without the scoop fitted.
That really doesn't make any sense :? Think about what you are saying, if it was struggling to get enough air on tickover it would never have run when you tried to pull away, let alone at full throttle :roll:
bootros

It would tickover on the stand but when going on to idle when pulling up at lights etc. it would splutter and stall. I've no idea how or why, just that it made a difference. Just some of my own experience.
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

bootros wrote:It would tickover on the stand but when going on to idle when pulling up at lights etc. it would splutter and stall. I've no idea how or why, just that it made a difference. Just some of my own experience.
A mates did that in the 70s....snetterton seat, no scoop.....carrying a passenger so he sat forward and covered the air intake up with his arse..... cough...cough ....splutter.... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information