Mille Miglia Scooter Challenge 2012

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
coaster

Fantastic, you live in a beautiful country 8-) I spent a couple of weeks over there back in 2008, touring North and South islands in a camper van. Absolutely loved it, especially the Lake Tapou area which I see you visited en route. We spent the majority of our time on the south island as were attending our friends wedding in Blenheim and I said at the time that I'd love to go back and do it on 2 wheels; it was like driving continuously through Cumbria, Wales and Scotland but with practically NO traffic, a C2C challenge everyday :o
The couple in Blenheim now have a baby so a return is imminent but probably not for the Milia Milia I’m afraid, what is scooter / bike hire like down there?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

is the series one rear shocker upside down (2nd pic) ??
Dryballs

mick1 wrote:is the series one rear shocker upside down (2nd pic) ??
I don't think so?

The writing is the right way up with it that way.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

i just seemed to think the adjuster was at the bottom with the thinner neck at the top....might be me or different shockers fit different ....
MisterD
Main scooter: Lambretta Imola GP

coaster wrote:The couple in Blenheim now have a baby so a return is imminent but probably not for the Milia Milia I’m afraid, what is scooter / bike hire like down there?
Blenheim does have a resident multi-Lambretta owner and there's a bit of a South Island tour starting in Picton/Blenheim on the drawing board for about the end of February next year. I'm hoping to get my rebuild done in time to test it on that, before I commit to DB's challenge.

If you want information on big-bike riding then kiwibiker.co.nz is probably the best place to go and ask questions.
matthew

mick1 wrote:is the series one rear shocker upside down (2nd pic) ??
Its the other side of the world...everythings upside down!

Great trip and pictures Christian, very jealous indeed.

All the best mate,

Matt
Dryballs

Cheers Matt, while the numbers werent the same as a UK event, the weather was unbeatable! - Which was a bit of a shock since we have had the most miserable summer!

Eden, I reckon you could get your scooter shipped door to door for 600 quid each way. If you were keen I can receive it for you at this end.

You would need to look into registration etc over here... I'm pretty sure if you were just visiting it should be fine

My crap took about 2 months to arrive from UK, then it was held up for a bit at this end.

You could just ship your engine over and wack it in my bike?
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

great Pics and Video That looks excellent mate :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Cutdown69

Great!! & great youtube clip............beats shaky pics of rideouts at 3mph with loads of modded up Px's & old men in parkas anyday!!! (imho!)
AaronD
Main scooter: LiS 186

Hi Christiian, looks like a wicked event, great footage. I see you’re looking towards next year already, any plans to taking it further/annual?

Not sure when I will be coming back to NZ, not it time for next years but certainly looking forward to doing it when I do!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information