ScootRS disc brake conversion for 16mm P200E Fork

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bernstard

My Scoot is an Italian P200E 1980.

Has anyone had any experience of the ScootRS conversion for 16mm fork?

Are they worth doing or would I be better off changing fork to 20mm type?

I have decided I definitely want front disc and want the standard looking front hub (as opposed to star shaped one)

Are there any other options?

Anyone got any 20mm type front ends for sale inc bracket type headset bottom?

Thanks in advance.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

personall id keep your forks and get the 20mm pin pressed into them the pin can be bought for around £20 and any engineers shop should only charge £10 to press the old one out and put new pin in
then id personally buy the vespa px brake disc set up over scoot rs (my own personal choice)
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Bernstard

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't realise you could just change the pin to a 20mm one, that will make things easier.

Regarding the Vespa PX disc I assume that this is the star shaped hub as opposed to the round type one.

Do you know what my options are for getting the round type hub (I'm not keen on star shaped one as trying to keep the looks closer to original)

Cheers.
squeakmillward

didnt lml have a better design?
Bernstard

Thanks Squeak. Didn't even think about LML but it looks like those hubs may work and give me the look I am after for reasonable money.
bag5y01uk

The LML Star front disc hub old style design will work. And the design is subtlety different to a vespa one with a captive nut on the front suspension holding the speedo cable, making it a doddle to change drive worms. Other than that its all Grimeca brakes same as on a PX.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information