tickover on 28mm delly

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
crooky
Main scooter: 1960 series 2 li stg 4 175

Just struggling to get my scoot to tickover was a pig to start ive sorted this by backing the mixture screw out 1 n 3/4 turns returns to tickover well and will tickover for a few seconds then die kicks up straight away no problems. just wondering about the mixture screw as this seems to have no effect all way in or out should the slide be moving as i adjust I run it open mouth. Feels like it just needs a very fine adjustment on the tickover screw and it would be fine.
thanks for any advice much appreciated

ps pilot is a 55 it runs great through rev range just dies at tickover after a few seconds maybe ten or so af 175 stg 4 with clubman
The man who doesn't read has no advantage over the man who can't read
GP240

you could try cutting the spring down on the idle adj. screw to allow it to go in a little more to raise slide.

the mixture screw don't make slide go up ?

also may be worth going slightly bigger on the pilot jet.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
crooky

ye sorry i meant the slide moving when the tickover screw was screwed in. Ive checked and the pilot should be bang on and starts great so didnt want go down that road was just wondering if the tickover screw isnt connecting with what it should if that makes sense
thanks for the reply
GP240

i know what you mean about the slide/idle adjuster screw, it seems as tho they're too short for the job, had a few with this prob, like i mentioned above you could try shortening the spring to allow the screw to travel in further.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
fsmlittler

Got exactly the same on my 26mm. Have got the idle screw almost completely in and it's only the final turn that seems to effect the idle. Seems the better the mixture screw us adjusted the more the idle screw works. Pain to get right first time though.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

This is a very common problem and I've got it on my most recently bought PHBH. I did find that going for a weaker slide allowed for better adjustment though.

Adam
crooky

thanks for the advice lads may try backing the mixture screw a out a little more but looks rich enough at the moment. Gonna have it dynoed at the end of the week just a bit frustating feels like if i had any adjustment it would be fine.
jonnyb
Main scooter: Li150 Special

Adam's right, having the tickover screw wound all the way in is an indication you should try a weaker slide ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information