Stud Extractor to get barrel stud out

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I've got 1 barrel stud that I can't get out with heat from a blow torch and the double nut method. I know I could get a nut welded on but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent cheapish stud extractor.

Any recommendations please?
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Try using the extended cowling nut threaded on barrel stud 3/4's of the way, then fit cowling m8 nut and tighten up........ Hopefully this may work.

Can also be used on 6mm studs if you can find extended 6mm nut

sash
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've done that job with one of these .....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001K9Q1S/r ... B0001K9Q1S

Though I'm sure I only paid about a fiver for mine, mind you I've had it a few years.
deany

I've got a set. 6,8, 12 and 14 mm for mac tools. Blue point have some as well. Only ever used the 8mm one.
goldeneye

got a couple of the ones that Corrado has put pics of up , to fit differrent sized ratchets, these will pull most studs if any is showing atop the casing. if its snapped flush,dremmel a slot in it, get a screwdriver bit in a ratchet (7mm) , put some heat and WD40 on it a few times , heat cool, heat cool, etc, and it"ll come out. ive got studs out of cast iron engine blocks like this, an ally one is easy. patience is the key. just walk away when it gets complicated.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Cheers, lads. Thanks for the ideas
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information