External front disc?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DACTEK
Dealer

All one piece hub/rim/tubless and anti dive
excuse the dampers as i didnt have any damper links at the time :roll:
shocky

paulmgreen wrote:I reckon the scootRs are Ok... I have one on my race bike... however the master cylinders i don't think are as good quality as the discs!
those master cylinders look sh1t how to spoil a lammys looks in one swoop use a smaller one from a T&G
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
scootRS.com
Dealer

Pretty nifty, Dactek. Is that the 11 inch rim?

We thought before about going the opposite way with a smaller hub to allow a bigger wheel well, but doesn't work on the back.
DACTEK
Dealer

Speedo is there, just no cable as they dont make speedos over 100mph :lol:
yes it is 11inch to match there rear.
Fruitjuice

DACTEK wrote:Image
That 's just downright sexy!
Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, loudly proclaiming: "WOW, WHAT A RIDE"
sydduckett

Think the dacs will be a little out of my price range but a lovley piece of kit :D

Looks like its the scooterrs are the ones to get, i have Kawasaki dampers i presume that these will fit no problem? Havent welded the brackets yet as wanted to find out there wouldnt be any potential issues?

Cheers
sef
soulsurfer

sydduckett wrote:Think the dacs will be a little out of my price range but a lovley piece of kit :D

Looks like its the scooterrs are the ones to get, i have Kawasaki dampers i presume that these will fit no problem? Havent welded the brackets yet as wanted to find out there wouldnt be any potential issues?

Cheers
sef
If your going to weld forks, then seriously look at anti dive and weld another bracket for it as the Kwaka dampers won't help as if you stiffen them you'll you'll make the ride worse. I eventually went for the PM/Frank Sanderson option with MB SS fork links and uprated springs with loose ball bearings and the front end is superb. This is my experience with this anyway.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sydduckett

Anti dive would be nice but cant see any kits with it for less than £300, so think i am going to go for the the ScootRS front disc, works out at about £200 plus postage. I presume that if i buy from there website im not going to get the sand blast crap....Will have a think about the dampers as well. the adjustable ones with the external springs look pretty trick...

Sef
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

sydduckett wrote:..., works out at about £200 plus postage...
plus possible fed-ex charge a couple of weeks later... buy from a uk dealer if you can
sydduckett wrote:... I presume that if i buy from there website im not going to get the sand blast crap.....
no, you'd get a decent one
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information