led indicators

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lamblast

just converted my gp to indicators thought you might like to see them ImageImageImage
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

hi lam blast , bin wanting to do this to my gp for ages, could u post were and what parts u used and how u wired them up etc

cheers gaz
lamblast

i used the following items ebay item no for the switch which is waterproof ,the housing was made out of solid alloy square bar ,i drilled the centre of it then got me router and dremmel into so the switch would fit ,this is the hard bit then drilled a hole in me switch housing and a matching one in the indicator housing then welded the two together .the indicators are item number 180825731481 the rears are fitted to the lense the fronts i drilled the headset .the flasher unit is a 2 pin led one from deemon tweeks as the wife goes past twice a week and could take it back if it didnt work .my mot guy said i didnt need a warning light as i can see the front indicaters when riding but i had sourced the bits . its running off a standard lambretta battery power wire to flasher and out the other side then up to the switch then to indicaters .the battery is not charged off the stator at the moment as ive not had time to do the wassel 12v dc conversion got the parts so thats next .you will need 12v dc .with the indicators being led you could just run them off a battery they use nothinge .they are very bright at night .you could hide the rears in your lense i tryed this and they do show amber and its easy to pull them apart .hope this helps
lamblast

flasher unit fixed to air box mounting Image
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I like that,been thinking of doing something similar but would like the rears inside the lens which you say shows through but are they still yellow?
lamblast

yes they show yellow just split the lense and pull the led bit out its tiny and stick it in the corner ,its already sticky but might need a bit of glue aswell .i may do it that way myself in the future its just not as bright .i didnt ask what the mot guy thought about doing it that way though but it is very tidy done that way .when you switch the indicators on the bulb part becomes yellow and then flashes it doesnt flash clear /yellow it flashes yellow/very bright yellow if you get what i mean
mark

great minds mate :biggrin:
the wassel dc conversion has opened a whole new world to me,
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20031
lamblast

yea you inspired me the other week so set to it
mark

if you need any advice on the wassel conversion let me know,will put up pics of my switch soon ;)

any side views of your front led's please as im not sure bout mine and may be looking for alternatives 8-)
lamblast

here you go ImageImage
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information