Scoot rs anti dive fitting question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boo

Hi, in the process of fitting scoot rs anti dive upgrade kit,does the lug on the trailing link (drum links) still need to fit into the speedo housing slot?The kit came with a new spacing tube (shorter than original) that fits inside the speedo housing packing it out from the bearing ,when this shorter tube is fitted the lug on the trailing link sits outside the slot.Opinions appreciated.
Thanks.
Lambrettas are for life!
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Yes the lug on the link needs to go in the groove on speedo housing otherwise it will spin around
mnpes

The actual caliper-plate is floating ~ ;)

Not slotted in ~ ;)

This is what the anti-dive replaces ~ The caliper-plate being slotted in :P

BUT THE SPEEDO DRIVE STILL NEEDS TO BE STATIC
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,the lug on the drum links should not locate into the housing otherwise it will not be anti-dive,if the lug is in the way then cut it off to be on the safe side.

The caliper carrier should rotate freely on the spindle,caliper tie bar and where it fixes to the fork leg ,hope this helps.

Dean
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Did you change the speedo housing? You should have done, I think the slots are shorter so as not to interfere with the lug.
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

Fitted mine today and the lug on the link does locate on link pin its the new caliper bracket that needs to move. I was wondering as I had to get 2 new rose joints and a bearing that is in the caliper bracket, I also had to file the back of the speedo housing a lot as it caught on the bolts that hold the disc on what does scootrs stands for is it like toys 'R' us as in Scoot 'R' S_ _ T as it needs to be fettled like f@@k to fit as most scooter bits do. Time for some beers.
Boo

Thanks for the replys lads all sorted now think it was out of alignment :fb:
Lambrettas are for life!
Beanhead
Main scooter: 1970 Lambretta gp

I've used the scootrs one on mine Boo, not had a problem with it, i had replied to summat like this a while back and people were not happy with the kit? like i said, i fitted mine with no issues.
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

Sent from my PC using My Fingers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information