TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Speed Demon
Dealer

You should leave the thread as it is, moderators trying to rewrite history never works very well.
Get to SULK
Chris CSPE
Dealer

Freedom of speech, good or bad were all responsible for our actions. Posts should never be deleted, things can always be put right with another post. (I've done it myself)
GP240

Wow what a good match this is, one of the best rallies ever.

I'm not on anyone's side but a few of the calls did seem over the line. (boo's from the crowd)

Hope after the rain has stopped play this gets back to the TOPIC and a few more players join in. (applause)

Fair play please Ref.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
Muttley McLadd

If it gets cut up, can you keep the toilet coops in another thread?
CakeAndArseParty
Diablo
Dealer

Staggered at all this really.
I've had quite a bit to do with Darrel over the last year or so and I have to say the comments made about him are wholly unjustified.
His tuning work is outstanding but not only that but his generosity with both his time and his knowledge has expanded my tuning knowledge 10 fold. He hasn't charged for this and he knows full well that the knowledge imparted will no doubt improve my motors and therefore earn me money. This isn't just because I've used him to tune barrels its because he's a nice bloke who is willing to share his hard won knowledge.
Chris and I apply this knowledge every day but if a customer wants something special Darrell gets all our porting work. This is because his tuning works, it does exactly what it says on the tin and I suspect theres not that many that are as good and even fewer tuning scooter engines.

He is however just like me running a business and to expect him to just produce port maps and exact details of how things are achieved is naive. Why would he? I love this forum and I have done well commercially out of it but lets not forget its not exactly independent. Its directly linked to a business making money out of tuning scooters. Its more than a little disingenuous to suggest this is all in the name of freedom of information.

The accusation of self promotion is non-sense -the guys got more work than he knows what to do with.

What is sad is I personally suspect that there is another voice here that hasn't had the bottle to reveal himself with a personal axe to grind. Funny how when personal attacks have been made against others on here the thread gets locked down or threats of bans sent.

For the record "tidying" threads only makes posts further on look out of context. If you don't stand by what you say why say it? I agree the Darrell ports comment may look worse than it is but then he doesn't have the luxury of removing his posts after the fact does he?
lamy150

wise words Al,reading through the thread again i can see what the problem really is,

darryl has produced a 37+bhp motor on a 225 no weld but no-one else has,so other

tuners ask how he's done it or want port maps and darryl refuses,think i'd be reluctant

to share my secret aswell if this would be my line of business,cheers

keep up the good work daryl
joespeed

lamy150 wrote:wise words Al,reading through the thread again i can see what the problem really is,

darryl has produced a 37+bhp motor on a 225 no weld but no-one else has,so other

tuners ask how he's done it or want port maps and darryl refuses,think i'd be reluctant

thats about as close as it gets!
i did state that we need to keep our cards close to our chests if we are going to stop out in front for any length of time!
f@@king computors slow tonight i know i need to see mr taylor about a 'darryl port' to speed it up a little!lol.
camel

joespeed wrote:
lamy150 wrote:wise words Al,reading through the thread again i can see what the problem really is,

i did state that we need to keep our cards close to our chests if we are going to stop out in front for any length of time!
f@@king computors slow tonight i know i need to see mr taylor about a 'darryl port' to speed it up a little!lol.
all that people have done is ask for proof or pictures of the said tuning,this what the site promotes,non more so than from Sean and Dan,ok if Darryl want to keep his secrets to himself thats fair enough,but dont dangle a carrot infront of peoples faces without backing it up with information,im sure im not the only forum member who is increasingly getting frustrated with the tone of the exchanges.
joespeed

camel wrote:
joespeed wrote:

all that people have done is ask for proof or pictures of the said tuning,this what the site promotes,non more so than from Sean and Dan,ok if Darryl want to keep his secrets to himself thats fair enough,but dont dangle a carrot infront of peoples faces without backing it up with information,im sure im not the only forum member who is increasingly getting frustrated with the tone of the exchanges.
if all the formula 1 teams were looking at each others cards who would be the winner?
be sensible,i've been watching charlie edmonds win race after race no competition bet he's not telling either!
Muttley McLadd

joespeed wrote: if all the formula 1 teams were looking at each others cards who would be the winner?
SkySports? :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information