TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

RinB wrote: Image
Totally diggin the channels from the 3rd port running under the studs to the transfers, we have done similar on two or three motors now with very good results. The last one we did was for James Chrighton a few weeks back, i'm expecting him in for a dyno in the next couple of weeks so will post a graph as we added and extra boost port into his TS1 cylinder and re-worked the exhaust too.......should be a good result. ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Totally diggin the channels from the 3rd port running under the studs to the transfers, we have done similar on two or three motors now with very good results. The last one we did was for James Chrighton a few weeks back, i'm expecting him in for a dyno in the next couple of weeks so will post a graph as we added and extra boost port into his TS1 cylinder and re-worked the exhaust too.......should be a good result. ;)

More commonly known as the DARRELL PORTS amongst my customers
id have thought it would have taken less than 22 months ,around 11 cases floating about and shown around and various forum hints,suggestions and seed planting before it surfaced,the idea is partly there and nicely executed
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
RICSPEED

so ...would the use of boyesn ports negate the use of this mod ??

if a boost port is added to an rb barrel for instance
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote:

More commonly known as the DARRELL PORTS amongst my customers
id have thought it would have taken less than 22 months ,around 11 cases floating about and shown around and various forum hints,suggestions and seed planting before it surfaced,the idea is partly there and nicely executed
Ha ha......how vain....! Come on Darrell, did you invent the wheel too? LOL.

Darrell I've never even seen one of your engines, either on the internet or otherwise, nor heard that you use this style of porting......its a very common style of porting in other applications, there are tonnes of pics on Google of this style of porting on lots of machines, trust me.....we didn't get the idea from you, we have enough of our own and not enough time or scooters to try them on!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
sean brady scooters
Dealer

"darrell ports " lol...thats just SO funny .
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

not common at all on lambys ,a certain well travelled journalist said it was a first when he saw it 2 years ago, the 38bhp ts1 quote(now deleted) "cases ported in a totally different way previously unseen on a lamby motor with no welding" was a dead giveaway and when seeds are planted ideas are grown i knew it had matured when you posted the automatic scooter crankcases photo that you felt might be worth trying

i see the ts1 sprint cases and the rb sprint cases on this post youve done recently havent got them ??????????? who you trying to kid!

like i said " my customers" call them "Darrell Ports" they aint seen anyone else do them!

had any of you seen them on a lamby?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

erm yes lol
sean brady scooters
Dealer

dont get me wrong darrell ,cos i,m certainly not dissing your great 37bhp results at all and in any way ...but as to the transfer mods /spigot /crankcase mods ...well thats old hat tbh.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

IT ALL SOUNDS LIKE BREAKING NEWS TO ME

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
A couple of examples of what else might be trialed (just because we like to!! lol) is this style of crankcase porting:

In this instance the illustration shows crankcase induction porting under the cylinder studs to make use of the boyesen style induction, and there's no reason why a similar style cant be run on a Lambo. No welding is needed, just a carful hand to run a slim finger-port at the bottom of the inlet/reed area in the cylinder, and match that to a slim finger-port that runs down the back of the inside spigot area in the crankcase mouth and under the cylinder studs, to join the main transfers....! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

But that's for the future, 34-38bhp is enough for now, and then we can monitor clutches, gearboxes etc until we need 40bhp+ :!: :!: :!:

Bring on the sprinting!! 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well exactly ...we were hinting to others the way to go lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information