TS1 Sprint/race engine, pics of porting in progress.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

never did find out how wide the inlet is at it's widest?
C’est la vie
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

whats the yellow li? is it a race bike?

Subject TS1 Sprint/race engine , pics of porting in progress
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:whats the yellow li? is it a race bike?

Subject TS1 Sprint/race engine , pics of porting in progress
Yellow Li is a road bike, TS1 engine, MB aircooled head etc, pics of porting etc are in this thread.....

RB is for sprinter, just posted pics of welded casings etc as you can see.

Feel free to share your latest TS1 and RB tuned engine pics with us too Darrell......its a two way street on this forum!!!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Here's a few photo's of mine , welded ts1 240, tuning work was carried out by Broady way back in 2000, very little use since then as crank was way out and kept spitting driveside seal.
So i bought the sprinter off my mate last year after been laid up since 2003, with the intention of partaking at the scooter shootout ,after intially trying it in June on my road ts1.
Best laid plans etc....Andy Francis is building it back up at present and will keep it pretty much the same spec to start with, it did run nitrous but i've stripped all the gubbins out ...for now!
Looks like the piston had slight sieze , not too bad though.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Here you go some pics of modified crankcase with no welding keeping it street class and no cheating.

Note the channeling on mag side is not as deep as the other side. this is to try and keep the area volume the same
as too get balanced streams of gas.

The barrels are also modified a bit, not too convention but again with no welding

Smiffy :twisted:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Mr smiffy I like that;

:-)
C’est la vie
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

bazman wrote:
RinB wrote:Here you go some pics of modified crankcase with no welding keeping it street class and no cheating.

Note the channeling on mag side is not as deep as the other side. this is to try and keep the area volume the same
as too get balanced streams of gas.

The barrels are also modified a bit, not too convention but again with no welding

Just saw this smiffy , look forward to seeing it in action , bit thin on mag side fella!!
All the best buddy ;)
Smiffy :twisted:
Looks thin Baz but plenty there for the job, I've done a few like this never had any problems

One Ive done on Riddlers opened out to max I did about 6 year ago and he's ridden it all over including euros
Plus the Ultimate Remastered I did a few years ago has had casing maxed out and case mods done

But there's always the first.

Your monster looks good m8 should go well & looks the part too
See you soon Pal all the best
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hi mate , funnily enough i did my 210 malossi years ago and was as thin as that , no probs as you say.
Looking forward to first run santa pod march , better get my ass in gear lol.
All the best and cya about.
Baz
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

RinB, Bazman, Jase......all fantastic pictures and information shared in the true spirit of the forum, thanks for the info the engines look good! The thread did go off topic late last night though, so i split it and started a separate thread about transfer ports. In the meantime, keep your tuning pics and information coming guys, it makes for excellent reading and its good to share info and help others...... ;o))))
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information