Ancillotti exhaust and stand

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
stoneislandv8
Main scooter: Serveta Li125

Fitted an Ancillotti exhaust to my Li, fitment was a bit of a bitch getting the centre section on and everything to line up but eventually it went on. Took the scoot out today to hear banging at low revs from under the scoot. Stopped and checked the exhaust, everything on and all tight. Got home and went to have another look and noticed the mid section of the pipe is stitting out and stops the centre stand going up properly.

Anyone else had this? centre section not fitted properly, not into cone enough?

Ta
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Yes, had same problem with a 48mm clubman. took it off and used a flaring tool to open the exhaust up a bit. The exhaust went over the u-tube by another 20mm and there was no issue of the stand catching.
ArmandTanzarian

I ground a couple of mm off the stand and the edge of the exhaust.

But don't worry, the exhaust will split and fall to bits soon anyway. They work brilliantly but are made from cheese.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
joey

...i think when i fitted mine i cut about 20mm off the middle bit where it goes onto the down pipe...this made the box fit closer to the side casing,clear stand and releave any stress on backets....1000s of trouble free thrashed miles since...thanks to Tino
ArmandTanzarian

joey wrote:...i think when i fitted mine i cut about 20mm off the middle bit where it goes onto the down pipe...this made the box fit closer to the side casing,clear stand and releave any stress on backets....1000s of trouble free thrashed miles since...thanks to Tino
Really? If that worked I'd think about getting another one. I loved the performance but it just split around the bracket and the downpipe. I welded it up about four times before chucking it and getting an indestructible but much less efficient big bore
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
stoneislandv8

That seems like a decent idea. I opened up the box so the pip slid easily into it but the determining factor seems to be the downpipe to mid-section connection. Ran out of small exhaust springs though.
mickdale

why dont they just make the f***ing things fit????
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

mickdale wrote:why dont they just make the f***ing things fit????
where's the fun in that?.............................................NOT!
Scootering since 1968.
stoneislandv8

Aye, spending 2 hours in the shed taking the running boards off (again) then taking the fecking thing off,spending ages adjusting, putting back on etc etc is just what I love doing!! Got it on better, stand just clips it but will slip past with bit of pressure. Taking it back in New Year to get the guys there to cut/do whatever needs doing.

The blinking clubman was half the price and went straight on.
Beanhead
Main scooter: 1970 Lambretta gp

i've got a 48 one on mine and that sits very close to the stand,doesnt hit tho.read about this before,some issues of fitment.

mine was a yard out for the mounting onto the engine,took some gentle persuasion!!!
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

Sent from my PC using My Fingers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information