RB20 (200cc) - Pictures and Spec

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

RinB wrote:The reason being that as the exhaust cracks opens the initial blow down doesnt go out of the port straight but at an angle of say 40-60deg then as the port opens it straightens towards the 10-15deg.

So to help that first pulse flow without hitting the opposing exh pipe side wall the ports are angled.

I believe this is the one major thing Terry shepherd wished he had done with the TS1 barrel

Smiffy
Anyone else find Smiffy's posts hard to read while bouncing up and down in the chair? :lol:
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I find putting my hand over it, it helps.. :lol:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
RICSPEED

RinB wrote:The reason being that as the exhaust cracks opens the initial blow down doesnt go out of the port straight but at an angle of say 40-60deg then as the port opens it straightens towards the 10-15deg.

So to help that first pulse flow without hitting the opposing exh pipe side wall the ports are angled.

I believe this is the one major thing Terry shepherd wished he had done with the TS1 barrel

Smiffy
yes he did say so in the scootering interveiw Image
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
fishi

Powolotti wrote:brilliant documentation Dan :!:

this boostport thing...dunno :o Can we expect Airsal to have a flowbench where they test prototype cylinders? Or is it just a "here´s too small, add something here" approach?

Yes, they have a flowbench, you can truste me. ;)

fishi
jason frost
Dealer

RinB wrote: As for the manifold definately weld it up and reshape without any hesitation ,Ill put some pics on here later. But I think Jason has already shown this.on old forum :!:
Here you go ;) but i will be making a new one to go ith the V Force reed

DMC

RinB wrote:Dan good report m8
Definately intreged about the 3 three finger boost port I believe the rb250 has the same port but still keeps the bridge
Exhaust ports.

Watch this space as I will hopefully have one on the table next weekend, & Ill do a report on the RB250 as you have done Dan. :twisted:

Word of WARNINING if stroking the RB's watch the boost port fingers ,as the bottom ring can catch under the finger in the port :o . Make sure you check this ;)

As for the manifold definately weld it up and reshape without any hesitation ,Ill put some pics on here later. But I think Jason has already shown this.on old forum :!:

Also I will show what I have done to a RB225 once its finnished, you have seen some photo's but they are I can asure you work un-finnished :roll:

Smiffy
you've got my attention Smithy, having a look and a good report on the rb25 is what im waiting for.
cranky

What is the total cost of the full kit ?

Or can it be purchased as individual items ?
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Looks and sounds amazing. What about the wall thickness on the spigot taken to 66mm, must be well-thin?
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
fattspeed
Dealer

Bofs wrote:Looks and sounds amazing. What about the wall thickness on the spigot taken to 66mm, must be well-thin?
i fink its about £390 retail ?????? this one i got today but i am a dealer for af so ;)
whats ther in the full kit

Image you get all whats ther in the kit ;)
RICSPEED

nice one :mrgreen:
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information