Crankcase Breather

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

seems to be leaking gearbox oil (SS jobby) so whipped it off, dug out circlip and washer. Packed with loads of stainless steel (or swarf :shock: ) Couldn't believe how much came out :roll: What's best to repack it?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

Throw the ss one at someone you don't like and refit the original innocenti one..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

If you really want to reuse it ,pack with a piece of scotchbrite or pan scourer then make a 3/4 moon plate to drop over the wadding then refit clip but avoid squashing the wadding.Finally blow thru to make sure it can breath.
Piatti

dapper wrote:seems to be leaking gearbox oil (SS jobby) so whipped it off, dug out circlip and washer. Packed with loads of stainless steel (or swarf :shock: ) Couldn't believe how much came out :roll: What's best to repack it?
You mean the swarf is meant to be there :?:

I too noticed my crankcase breather plug was packed with what appeared to be metal swarf durung my restoration, I pulled it all out with a pair of tweezers :shock:

Do you think I should repack mine :?:
What the reason for the swarf anyway :?:

I also didnt realise that there was a circlip and washer within the breather cap, how do these come off :?:

regards

Piatti
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Piatti, the Ting Tong ones are often overpacked with steel wool (Ahem :roll: swarf) I couldn't believe how much had been packed in there, so much so, that you could hardly breathe through it. So I'll take Wack's tip and repack it LIGHTLY with scotch pad type stuff and replace the washer and circlip.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information